6 1/2" clarion speakers ib front doors

do you know where i can get the bracket, i just searched crutchfield but they r telling me 5 1/4 is the way to go. i got these speakers free and im sure they sound better than my alpine (ford) factory

No, those are 6x9 adapters. The LS has 6x8's all the way around, except for the 6x9 subs on the rear shelf (assuming you have premium audio). Search ebay for 6x8 adapters, and you should find what you need.

On a side note, 6.5's do indeed fit up front, but you do need an adapter. Either make some yourself by tracing your stock 6x8's onto some sort of medium (1/4" MDF would do the trick since the stock speakers have quite a bit of front clearance), or like mentioned, buy pre-made off ebay. You just have to make sure the mounting diameter on the woofer fits the adapter's cutout. I fit Alpine Type X 6.5" components up front with little modification.

For verification, the speakers in each door of the LS are 6x8." Correct?

seriously man, just make it yourself. i've done the fab-up's for all four doors. some thin mdf wood or even something a little more sturdy than thick cardboard would do the job. after that just take some tracing paper, put it over the opening and trace the 6x8 hole and then transfer that to mdf thin wood (has to be thin). after that just make the holes for the screws and your done. it's a 2 on a scale from 1-10. at least try it b4 you buy them, won't hurt

anyone have a guide to take off the door panel, i know i seen one somewhere but for some reason when i click tech articles i get some sql error

and to take off the the panel all you need to do is unscrew the screws in the bottom of the door (3 i believe), and there's 2 screws in the little storage space where you put your arm and you will need to take off the black plastic that's on the door handle and there's a screw there as well. careful with the black plastic as the tabs can easily be broken. and there's a clip on the side of the door facing out.

here this will help
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=25687

Members online

No members online now.
Back