400hp ls v6 manual transmission??

The guy who made the turbo for the car chimed in, the owner didn't, the guy who owned hte car was trying to sell it at the show. The guy who built that turbo is making mine. Taking it down this weekend, should have it back and in my hands next friday

thanks for the correction, any forecasted numbers? and is this a one time deal, or will the guy consider selling more kits?

He said the idea was to make kits for the ls, everything needed to just install and drive.

Quote from the thread where he chimed in

I'm planning on opening a new business focusing on turbo kits, exhaust, carbon parts, and big brake kits 14" 4-6 piston brembo kits, which I am planning to fit your vehicles, as well as the kits for the new mustangs, camaros, and challengers, and any other cars that catch my fancy.

So no it won't be a one-on-one thing... I'm trying to make a kit that you can order, will arrive quickly, and will be installed and offer you a reliable horsepower option. I'm planning to have the kit arrive with SCT programmer and file all installed to get the vehicle up and running.

He needed a v8 ls in CA so he could make the kit for them. Since I let them use my car a few months ago as a their test car, he's installing the first one on my car to test out and leaving it on there for the cost of the stuff, free install and tune. Pretty sweet deal since I was going to try and either go turbo or super later on. I saved me good amount by doing it now with him, plus he's worked on an ls before so it's familiar territory.

no idea on numbers but I say 350+ whp from what other have reached going turbo or supercharged, maybe close to 400

Dont know how much the kit will be.He'll get to that when the kits is ready for you guys

no idea on numbers but I say 350+ whp from what other have reached going turbo or supercharged, maybe close to 400

I would keep it low boosted for awhile.. Idk how the VVT will like boost.. Too much may be bad.. I've never seen a FI Gen 2 so it can't really be said for sure..

I'm sure you planned on that anyways.. Start with it boosted low and work up.. Just throwing some thoughts to consider.. :cool:

Yeah, I definitely wont run high boost, I was just staing it's potential. I would be good with 300rwhp. I dont like to abuse my car. I have only floored it 2 or 3 times int he 2 years I have had her, so I'm going turbo but wont be pushing it hard. I'll leave the flooring for when I take it to the track.

2 or 3 times int he 2 years I have had her, so I'm going turbo but wont be pushing it hard..

Same here.. I have maybe once.. Someone was being a jerk off and it was raining.. He was coming to the exit of a parking lot, slammed the brakes and slid and almost hit my car! :eek:

So I floored it and got the hell out of there.. Spinning tires for 100 ft or so.. I was really p!ssed.. If your going to fu<k your car up fine.. DON'T screw mine up in the process though..

Not me, my pedal has been on the mat MANY times.

I would love to turbo my LS as well, but should leave that stuff for the Stang I suppose.

this is a pik of my V6 Ls

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

new valve cover and catch can and mishimoto mustang radiator

resized.jpg

resized2.jpg

That's a cheap universal kit. I guess you can make it work.

this is what i wrote in the other post: i dont want anything too fancy i just want add some hp and the PFFT sound withouth changing anything, could it be done?

i have a 2002 automatic v6, im not planning to add a big turbo or run my car on the tracks, its just for a normal daily use and occasional street races.

this kits seems pretty complete for a small appropriate turbo (wich i am looking for)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...#ht_5107wt_939

if i add a turbo, what problems should i expect? will it loose something like a/c or anything like that? do i have to upgrade someother stuff like injectors or radiator or something like that? like i said i dont want to change a lot of things since i dont plan to run it a lot just daily driving. please tell us your experience and help me out would u

Well when you go FI you're beating on the engine harder, so keep that in mind. You shouldn't face any problems if you do everything right, if you know what you're doing, and get a good tune for it. I don't know enough to mess with a turbo install, so I'm leaving it to the pro's. If something does go wrong though, it's going to get real messy real fast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back