4.6 Dohc Mark VII (7)

SirLSC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Marve here
ok I have updated my project 4.10 Mark 7. The 460 was hard to find and way to nose heavy. But for the price of my old 79 towncoupe, I got a 88 mark 7 BB, an Mark 8 4.6 Dohc with 86,000 miles and a E40D rebuilt from my bros smaked up 98 Navi 4wd. So you know what im thinking, I dont really like electronic transmissions, so im thinkin I could sell it buy a c4 auto trans, buy the 4.6 bellhousing for it online and have a trans, didnt really want to spend the money on converting the E40D to a 2wd plus its really big. Plans for the motor a pretty simple just i higher compression ratio, 03-04 cobra heads, intake cam upgrades and hardware & exhaust. I just want it to benefit from the available gas around me ( 93 and 108 ), this just a weekend circuit racer/dream cruiser it will probably look faster then it actually will be. I dont want to send this off to a shop, i want to do this with my brothers & a shop if neccessary for fine tuning. I am a ford mechanic and thats all I buy. This combo is going in my 90 Mark 7 LSC pictured below without front end on. The other is the 88 bb i got as a daily driver with the other car front end on it. A visual is better. I know this may have been asked before but thing get different as the years count on so there may be an better way, or better products. So what is else is needed for the engine to fit? I heard fox body mustang coversion kits will fit a mark 7 frame but do they? I plan to buy these parts new. The kits (AJE ) i seen looked kinda weak like it would break under the stress of hair pin turns. Are there others? What i know of this swap of what i have in my possesion is the full harness for the motor (98 LSC ) a 93 to 95 mark 8 cpu (pre-PATS cpu) and Harness and Mark 8 Rad & fan combo. So i need to source a good k member & motor mounts, then is there anything else suspension wise? I think the factory brake master cylinder system may clear the Massive heads, if not then its a no brainer to change it out. I saw a guy with a 4.6 dohc motor in his 92 LSC with the 4R70W and IRS in Ferndale,Mi a few years ago but and i want the same motor after test driving it, but he sold it be for i could buy it, so i gotta build my own, that thing look completly stock and drove like a beast. Any input in would be greatly considered, just dont try to make me get a mustang i just sold it because my mark 7 with just 4.10 was faster then it and the mustang had the advantage of lighter wieght and bbk shorties, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, free flowing mufflers, shift kit with up graded clutches and bands (aod), rear seat delete kit, fiberglass hatch and hood and some cooling uprgades, dont see how but with a 4.10 and cat and muffler delete on the mark 7 both with 93 octane same H.O motor the speed denisty spank the stang time and time again, oh the stang was a 3.27 but it still had the advantage. But thanks again for reading & any input pretaining to this swap. I know it can be done so i ask the gods of lincolns for advice! And its my first engine swap ;)

20150528_115122.jpg

20150528_115230.jpg

20150528_115147.jpg

20150528_115112.jpg

20150528_103212.jpg

I wouldnt mind doing that to my 88 bill blass I got pictured since I now have 2 h.o motors, I check out that info on there it was alot to read. They say to use a 2004 mustang k member, and a panhard bar is a good upgrade for the rear end. Cool if i dont have to weld any of it, I was also thinking of some shorties iwith a h pipe for this car. I just want to get all the big stuff paid for then run back and forth for little stuff. Thanks for the link, youre in michigan bro?

Members online

No members online now.
Back