4.10 Posi Swap

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know iv already askedthis question, and delete it if its not appropriate for the new forum, but i thought it might be a good mod to have in here (<--Edit this out if it is ok)

My 95 Mark needs some real get up and go to move its 4000 lb rear. I want to change out the rear gearing. What do i need to do a swap to 4.10's (with trak-lok)?

You need the 4.10 ring and pinion, 8.8 master rebuild kit, a used trac-loc from an 8.8 28 spline rear end. Those are the minimal requirements. Depending on your budget you might want poly diff bushings to help with the launch and a MMX driveshaft to help the vibration on the freeway.

I forgot you also need the white 21 tooth speedo gear so your speedomoter is not off and shift points are accurate. Before I got the speedo gear, I would hit the rev limiter in drive on the 1-2 shift. Now it shifts perfect with a nice chirp everytime in drive. If I manually shift it on the 1-2, the car actually gets sideways on the street, at the track it's not as bad.

Serge...you went with 4.30's right? I ask because i dont know if the 21-spline speedo gear would be the same for both.(4.10's and 4.30's)

nice write up, BTW.

I cant wait. 4.30's brotha!!!

How is your top end with those gears? I have been interested in this question for a while but have gotten mixed results. My Mustang with 4.10's would only go about 115 in 3rd gear, but the 4.6 is a different animal.

If your askin me I didn't change my gears yet....
BlackIceLSC said:
Serge...you went with 4.30's right? I ask because i dont know if the 21-spline speedo gear would be the same for both.(4.10's and 4.30's)

nice write up, BTW.

I cant wait. 4.30's brotha!!!

The 21 tooth speedo gear is for 4.10's but it's the closest one for 4.30's unless you get a mopar speedo gear. The top end with 4.30's is better than stock 3.27, at least in the 1/4 mile. My car trapped 101.3mph, which means it pulls very hard on the top end. With stock gears my best MPH was 99. Top speed with 4.30 gears is 147mph.

95LSC32V said:
The 21 tooth speedo gear is for 4.10's but it's the closest one for 4.30's unless you get a mopar speedo gear. The top end with 4.30's is better than stock 3.27, at least in the 1/4 mile. My car trapped 101.3mph, which means it pulls very hard on the top end. With stock gears my best MPH was 99. Top speed with 4.30 gears is 147mph.

147?! or 104.7?

147mph with the top speed limiter removed via chip. With 4.10's, the top speed is over 150mph. With the stock 3.27 gears, my car was tacked out past 150mph on the dyno 3 times.

95LSC32V said:
147mph with the top speed limiter removed via chip. With 4.10's, the top speed is over 150mph. With the stock 3.27 gears, my car was tacked out past 150mph on the dyno 3 times.

Was this in OD and was it at WOT?

95LSC32V said:

I thought you ment at the traps, lol!

94m5 said:
I've had my 95' at 157 (flat out would'nt go any faster) according to my handheld GPS.

Mike

You crazy speed freaks need to come to Germany....
I did 172 on a Suzuki 1300 last summer and then the following weekend did almost 180 in a Lambo Murchialago (sp?) Good stuff

:dancefool

Interesting...

I have already bought another center section and found a set of 3.73 gears for cheap. I'm just rying to find if it is worth doing them or going with a deeper gear or not :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back