3200 stall at work in a stop light launch.

looks like 0-60 in 6 sec. Pretty good. I need to mount a camera in mine once looking at the dash. I never seem to see what happening myself.

looks like 0-60 in 6 sec. Pretty good. I need to mount a camera in mine once looking at the dash. I never seem to see what happening myself.

If you go from when the car launchs, 3000 RPMs, it times out between 5.6-5.7. I plan on going to the track soon so truth will be told at that time.

LOL... I know what you mean. After running the '96 at Bristol's track someone asked me how fast I got up to. :rolleyes:

I had to admit I never looked! :eek:

Traction issues from 0-70...lol.

http://youtu.be/agSBRe9hR00

I know there is no sound but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words...the sound was first like birds screaming then them chirping really loud around 40 MPH.

that is bad a$$...I bet when you pull up next to a cobra they look twice at the next stop light.

If you go from when the car launchs, 3000 RPMs, it times out between 5.6-5.7. I plan on going to the track soon so truth will be told at that time.

I've only been to the track twice so far EVER, this Saturday making it the 3rd time. But I can say that flashing the converter will take some practice. I tried higher rpm launches even to the point where I almost started doing a brakestand. Maybe it was a lack of time and practice, but I ran my best time launching the car just above idle with the 3800 stall. Like around 1200-1500 rpms. This Saturday I am going to try higher rpm launches again though and see what happens. I definitely need better 60's. The 4.30s should help a bit. I'd like to pull a 1.8 60' if at all possible.

that is bad a$$...I bet when you pull up next to a cobra they look twice at the next stop light.

If it is an 03-04 Cobra, they just laugh. :)

If you are running 17 inch wheels these are what I run on mine. They are about the same dia. as stock tires and they fit in the fender wells just fine. as for grip you judge. My typical 60 ft. times are 1.85 to 1.87 . On BFG Comp TA 275-40-17 it just spun through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mick...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae0659c7c YouTube - Don's Supercharged Mark VIII Vs Shelby Cobra YouTube - Don's Supercharged Mark VIII Vs Mercedes AMG 2nd Day at the Track

I wanted to buy something for my factory rims, was wondering if anyone was using drag's on them and what size would be best, I don't really feel like swapping my tires on my saleens every time I go to the track and I don't really feel like buying more rims.

Burbank said he used 50 series BFG Drag radials on his stock wheels for years and got into the low 11's with them. A 245-50-16 is the closest in dia. to the stock 225-60-16.

I wanted to buy something for my factory rims, was wondering if anyone was using drag's on them and what size would be best, I don't really feel like swapping my tires on my saleens every time I go to the track and I don't really feel like buying more rims.

With a good high-stall converter, I found drag radials to be inconsistent at the track.

I used to run 26x9.50-16 Hoosier Quick Time Pro DOT tires on stock 16" snowflakes with much better results than any drag radial. You can pickup a spare set of snowflake wheels cheap. The weight advantage alone for that combo is worth swapping the wheels at the track.

With a good high-stall converter, I found drag radials to be inconsistent at the track.

I used to run 26x9.50-16 Hoosier Quick Time Pro DOT tires on stock 16" snowflakes with much better results than any drag radial. You can pickup a spare set of snowflake wheels cheap. The weight advantage alone for that combo is worth swapping the wheels at the track.

I was wondering what I could do with the extra set of factory rims I have in my garage...so for about $400 bucks I can save a couple of tenths on my et's?

They sound like Hoosiers version of the M/T street ET's Im running. When I was trying to pick what to run on mine I went to different sites at the M/T site under the discription of there street E/T it states worlds fastest dot tire.

How wide of tire do you think I could fit on my stock rims, I was looking at the Toyo Proxes TQ they look pretty nice, I'll have to do a little more searching around to figure out what I want

Consider it a power adding mod except it is allowing you to maximize your existing power...if you are spinning the tires from a launch now no use adding more power because they will just spin faster and longer later.

too many choices, do you think it will even be worth it to put them on my stock rims.

too many choices, do you think it will even be worth it to put them on my stock rims.

Follow driller's advice, buy a cheap set of snowflakes and put the drag radials on those rims...I already have an extra set of factory rims so that is my plan.

whats the differance between thoughs and the octastars, would thoughs rear pinion braces from SCP help traction problems maybe some stiffer shocks?

The snowflakes are supposedly the lightest stock wheel, but the Octastars are rumored to be light as well though I never had any to weigh myself.

IRS bracing and stiffer shocks help your sixty-foot times.

Members online

No members online now.
Back