2017 Continental: My concerns

astralis

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was so looking forward to this car. I realize that concept cars often change shape but once the final version was revealed, I thought it was a major let-down. To me, it looked like an older Volvo with an old Mercedes E-Series rear.

It looked more like a fleet rental car driver than a sexy Lincoln. Also, it's classified as a mid-sized sedan, so this is no replacement for the Town Car, which I hope is in the pipeline, again. Black car drivers have yet to find a true replacement.

Also, I confirmed there is no air-ride suspension. They call it a "sports" suspension which means "rough."

What do you think?

I was so looking forward to this car. I realize that concept cars often change shape but once the final version was revealed, I thought it was a major let-down. To me, it looked like an older Volvo with an old Mercedes E-Series rear.

It looked more like a fleet rental car driver than a sexy Lincoln. Also, it's classified as a mid-sized sedan, so this is no replacement for the Town Car, which I hope is in the pipeline, again. Black car drivers have yet to find a true replacement.

Also, I confirmed there is no air-ride suspension. They call it a "sports" suspension which means "rough."

What do you think?

Well for me its a don't care cause I'm past the point of being able to afford one of these 2017s unless it's 2026. But since you asked, I thought the concept was great, though not nearly as great as the retro one from 2002 which is what they SHOULD have built. I think it's a mistake to put the exact same grille on the mkZ. Continental should have it's own panache. And I think it's a mistake to build another Lincoln on a Ford platform, this time the Taurus. All Lincolns, IMHO, are now what Mercurys used to be. Except for the sticker price.

Members online

No members online now.
Back