2013 MKZ: My First Impession

Other Lincoln Models

1. Robot

Robot Dedicated LVC Member

So, I went to the local Lincoln dealership to buy fasteners for the cover that sits across the headlights and the radiator of my LS. I was curious so I thought I'd go to the showroom and look at some of the cars. There was an MKS in a nice looking golden color but with a strange looking texture like hail damage or something.

Now, there was this MKZ in a sort of burgundy color with almost white interior color. I will have to admit that is one sweet looking ride. It had that weird pass-through area in the center console. It also had that way cool moon roof that covers most of the greenhouse. But, it was Wrong Wheel Drive. I might be able to cope with that as an AWD but for one big issue.

I just had to sit in the thing. So, I did and started tinkering with adjustments for the seat. I couldn't figure out how to work the tilt/telescopic wheel adjustment because I couldn't find the controls. There were plenty of examples outside on the lot and I thought I might take one for a spin. Sad to say I didn't even bother asking because, while I was adjusting the seat position, I discovered I can't drive it. I am one of a few on LVC that prefers
    to do without a moon roof. I looked far and wide for my LS without one that still had certain other options.

I am a big "water headed" boy and I have a very high seating position to allow a good view of the hood. Well, with that moon roof taking up the headroom, there is not enough room for my high dome head so I can see that hood. Maybe if I was a Neanderthal with a sloping forehead, I would be able to feel comfortable for spirited driving. Nice work FORD!

Weren't there some members going on about hood ornaments a while ago?

I almost forgot.....solid brake rotors in the back?

2. Skullkrushr

Skullkrushr Active LVC Member

Hey Robot - The MKZ is very nice looking. I was checking them out when I picked up my MKS. Speaking of head room, did you sit in the MKS? It has plenty of head room. The car is big but it doesn't drive that way. A lot of people don't like them but I think they're super nice, plus the Ecoboost makes the car fly. :)

3. Robot

I drove one last year. It is a very big car. I am still a RWD guy.

I actually saw an MKZ on the street today. It looked pretty cool rolling along.

4. Skullkrushr

Skullkrushr Active LVC Member

I passed a maroon MKZ this afternoon. Very nice. I got tired of the RWD in my LS - I could never pull up my drive when it snowed... even an inch or two would create havoc. My MKS is AWD and I can't wait to try her out in the snow.

5. Robot

That should work well for you then. When I lived in a snow state, I had a jeep to run around in for the winter.

6. chocolat1701

chocolat1701 Dedicated LVC Member

I love both the new mks and mkz. now I must admit you are the only person that I have met that don't like sun roof. I really don't mind if its awd, fwd or rwd I would prefer awd since I live in the north east.

7. antonio fuller

antonio fuller Well-Known LVC Member

My ls in the shop I got one of these MKZ from the dealer as a loaner the motor sucks buts good on gas that was no suprising to find but not rwd I would never by it my first car was a dodge neon back in the day first and last fwd I have and will ever on

8. 83 markvi

83 markvi LVC Member

I don't like it either. Its ugly and small