2013 MKX DVD Question

20grand

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here since I got rid of my Continental back in 08, but I haven't gotten into a car that hasn't been a Lincoln. From 2008-2010 I had a Mark LT, from 2010-2012 I had a MKZ, then another MKZ from sprint 2012 until Hurricane Sandy washed it away, and now I have the 2013 MKX.

Now my question is does the MKX have an indash DVD player? I know my MKZ's did, but here when I try to put a DVD in it tells me "disc read error".

I don't remember if the window sticker said there is one, but i figure it should be because my MKX is that 102a package.

So basically would anyone know what the deal is? Is there no DVD player or it just doesn't work for whatever reason?

P.S. while I know its not smart to post anything without troubleshooting first, but i have not put any other cd's in the drive so I don't know if its just an issue with the DVD's or with the cd drive it self. I will try with a regular music cd later today when i get back to the car.

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance

I've found the answer to this, I hope it helps anyone...

Anyways, the fully loaded 2013 MKX does not have a indash DVD player. I've found the window sticker and it confirms it. Still doesn't make sense to me why a newer more expensive car doesn't have it but my old MKZ's did. It is what it is I guess, go figure lol.

Members online

Back