2009 lincoln MKS-production ready with NO disguise!

mint05LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hello my fellow LS owners/enthusiasts. I have not been on here for a while due to buying house, busy work schedule,etc.

I have been following the plans and progress of the MKS since it's inception as a concept vehicle.I figured i would post these latest pictures of Lincoln's successor to our LS.

does anyone know for sure about plans for the V8? I am constantly reading and hearing contradicting stories as far as to the car recieving one at production time. if not, twin turbo V6 is said to produce close to 400 HP !

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mks-future.html

No V8; the top engine will be a 3.5L or 3.7L TwinForce direct-injected twin-turbo'd V6 (hp estimates range from 350hp to 450hp; the 3.5TF in the MKR concept was over 400hp). Like these pictures, that's old news. ;)

FWIW, what I'm hearing is that the 4.4L Yamaha/Ford/Volvo V8 is on its way out. In the Ford lineup, it's being supplanted by the TwinForce mills, and Volvo is supposedly replacing it with their own light-turbo I6.

i would laugh if they scrap the tt-v6 engine idea in the mks and drop in a normal v6. its ford, so who knows it can happen.

I had read that Ford was cutting back on the Yamaha V8 because Yamaha had increased the cost and Ford was fast tracking a new V8 that could be used inline or transverse for rear wheel or front wheel drive. The new V8 could be developed to push out to 500 HP.

I can’t remember where I read that, it was Motor Trend, Automobile, or Edmunds on line and I don’t know if that is still true with all that is going on with Ford.

We really need something to replace our LS'

Thats a good looking car, hopefully they stick with the V8, you can't beat the sound of it especially in our LS' now.

I had read that Ford was cutting back on the Yamaha V8 because Yamaha had increased the cost and Ford was fast tracking a new V8 that could be used inline or transverse for rear wheel or front wheel drive.
I haven't heard anything about it being replaced in favor of a new Ford V8. What I've heard is that the Yamaha mill isn't really producing power and economy like it should, that it's getting lackluster reviews in the Volvos, and that there's a big push for Ford's own TwinForce technology engines (better economy, lower emissions) from inside Ford. Given that the TwinForce 3.5 has shown reliable power that's blowing the 4.4L out of the water, there's not much reason to keep it.

i would laugh if they scrap the tt-v6 engine idea in the mks and drop in a normal v6. its ford, so who knows it can happen.
Given the positioning of the MKS and the lack of a V8, they really have no choice; the 3.5TF is an absolute requirement for the MKS. So far, all the reports are not if the MKS will get it, only when it will appear. From what I'm hearing, the 3.5TF will be introduced after the launch of the MKS, but all reports are that the 3.5TF will be the first TwinForce mill, and it will debut in the MKS. IIRC, the MKS is supposed to be introduced early next year, and the 3.5TF is supposed to be introduced in the MKS next fall.

As I understand it, the initial engine for the MKS will be the new 3.7L Duratec (D37), which should be pushing close to 300hp.

Well there's another dumber than dirt idea from ford.

Lets go back to pitching FWD barges as luxury sport sedans, then piss and whine when BMW, Cadillac, Audi and coupe of other suck up all potential sales.

FWD sucks and I won't own a car with it.

So I guess I won't be buying anything from the American three.

Members online

No members online now.
Back