2007 Town Car will be the last Town Car

95CrownVictoriaP74

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
...just confirmed by a STAP Management (St. Thomas, Ontario Assembly Plant) employee yesterday afternoon.

Rumors of the Town Car moving to STAP were just that....rumors.

2007 is the last model year.

I am in Ontario with the Crown Vic dot net guys for the annual trip/tour of the plant.

Repeat, the 2007 Town Car will be the last model available - the Town Car line will be discontinued at the close of the 2007 model year. :(

I thought they were going to discontinue in 2009. Are they doing anything special since its going to be its last year?

I can't believe they're finally getting rid of it! They'll lose over half of their customers! Theres a reason Lincoln has some of the highest customer loyalty in the business and the reason was the Town Car!

good job ford. applauds.

lincoln really hates selling cars, just look at the zephyr.

I know someone who did some research. According to his information, Ford makes Crown Vics and Grand Marquis in the same plant, whereas the Town Car is made in a different plant. He said they are just getting rid of the Town Car plant, but they could start building Town Cars in the CV & GM plant.

If they get rid of it, It'll be their stupidest move yet.

Especaly if they replace it with that TL Look-alike. Which sucks.

Really, the only thing that's kept me in Lincoln's corner rather than jumping ship to C-Didly is the fact that Cadillac didn't have a rear drive, body on frame, full figured flagship....Lincoln did. If Lincoln loses that, then they'll be without the one thing that kept me theirs.....and I know I'm not alone there.

Really, Ford in general is starting to worry me. In a world where D.C. and GM are rediscovering their rear-drive religion, and coming out with some really exciting, really cool product based on it, Ford, the only one to have stuck with it is going the exact opposite direction. It seems to me that they're aiming for product distinction via the low road rather than the high road. Distinction via engineered inferiority. Front drive, and with only a few exceptions, underpowered and boring. I still consider myself a blue oval man, but I can't say for how much longer.

Whatever happened to 2002 when they brought out the conti concept and said that something very much like that was gonna replace the Town Car. It was still rear drive, body on frame and still a V8. And give or take an inch, had the same footprint as the current town car. THAT (and the sister Ford 427 concept) would've been the car (s) to revive the boat car genre, to see a new caddy fleetwood and even perhaps a new chrysler new yorker...but no. They decided just to let the boat car go the way of it's key stereotypical drivers ignoring all of the rest of us devoted to the medium that still have some years ahead of them.

Yes, I've heard that the Ford and Merc panther cars have been promised life through the decade, but they're not gonna invest money for anything really significant in them. They're just gonna let them stagnate for a while. And while that definitely sucks, it's still a damned sight better than what's happening at Lincoln. If they're not gonna revive The T.C. then why can't they just let it do the same thing?! Can I get an amen?

Ill give you an AMEN on that. Ive heard that the next towncar will be a stretched ford 500 chassis, built in the 500 plant. Supposedly 08 or 09. I agree. Nothing really excites me, so ill keep driving panther until they are way to old and deal with it then.

Black87LSC said:
I know someone who did some research. According to his information, Ford makes Crown Vics and Grand Marquis in the same plant, whereas the Town Car is made in a different plant. He said they are just getting rid of the Town Car plant, but they could start building Town Cars in the CV & GM plant.

I toured the STAP plant in Canada last month with the Crown Vic dot net guys and the Ford plant manager we had lunch with said the Town Car being moved up there was just a rumor and it is NOT going to happen. Ford claims that selling only 40,000 units a year isn't worth it.

Very sad situation.

The Wixom plant is going bye bye. My wife was back and took pictures of the TC at the plant. Her dad worked there 30+ years. The crown vic/ Grand marquis is possibly dieing about 2010. I plan on buying one of the last ones if they do.

F_ck the 500 platform Town car,either let it die with dignity or keep it a full frame panther.

Tim

Hell yeah, lets start a mob. Get your torches and pitchforks!!

I posted this in antother thread, but thought i'd post it here too. What do you think?
I do not believe this is the end of the Town Car. It is now all over the news, and will push people down to the Lincoln dealerships to increase sales... think about it... I see this as an excellent marketing strategy.

Look at all the free publicity.... I predict an increase in sales, and an offshore location mabye?

MBusby1073 said:
I posted this in antother thread, but thought i'd post it here too. What do you think?
I do not believe this is the end of the Town Car. It is now all over the news, and will push people down to the Lincoln dealerships to increase sales... think about it... I see this as an excellent marketing strategy.

Look at all the free publicity.... I predict an increase in sales, and an offshore location mabye?
Even if the LTC production was moved to mexico, it would still be way better than having no LTC at all, and I am pretty sure FoMoCo would make a lot more money on them that way.

im confused

ford claims that selling 40k a year isnt worth it well i havnt seen a town car in a commercial in a while. plus a commercial just for it. the new lincoln commercial has no town car in it. their like oh we dont make it but damnit why isnt anyone buy it. you cant not advertise it then complain of low sales. just like the camero and firebird. "mustang sells a whole lot more" well thats cause you see a mustang commercal all the time. im not sure with the new body style cause it doesnt need a commercail to sell itself because of the extreme renovation. but no advitersing for camero or firebird so people dont pay anymore attention to it and then BOOM low sales. oh gee i wonder why we dont sell any units. sorry for the run-on sentances and such i dont feel the need to be proper on boards. just state your peace.

Members online

No members online now.
Back