2005 Seats...?

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if i purchsed leather seats from a 2005 Lincoln LS and put them in 2001 Lincoln LS... Would they fit? and will i be able to use the heated seats?? (dont have heated seats now but will get the switches to turn them on...)

--Josh

01LincolnLSV8 said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if i purchsed leather seats from a 2005 Lincoln LS and put them in 2001 Lincoln LS... Would they fit? and will i be able to use the heated seats?? (dont have heated seats now but will get the switches to turn them on...)

--Josh
They changed a lot of things between 2001 and 2005. I would tend to think the seats would fit, however, a proper installation might be tricky as there is more to the seats than just the cushions and heater elements.

Having not done much research and going merely by speculation, I would tend to think the airbag relays are different in the newer seats (ie different hookups and sensors). Again, don't quote me for sure, but for some reason I thought that was something they changed in 03. I am sure someone has some more technical information such as diagrams, however, i am having troubles with alldata right now to find out.

If you get the fully climate controlled seats, it's a lot more than throwing a switch on the car to get them to work. A whole lot more. But well worth the effort. I did it on my wife's Aviator. Best thing I ever did. But it's a ton of work to do right.

Anyone have any info on wiring up the heated and/or cooled seats in a vehicle not made for them. I really enjoy my climate controled seats and I have seen some on ebay that I think would look great in my 69 mustang. It would be so nice to have heated leather in the winter instead of cold vinyl. Cooled leather would be even better. Can all of this be done with simple switches (I have plenty of places to hid them in my old car). Or is there a lot of duct work and the need of some kind of computer to operate them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back