2005 Llincoln LS V8 Suspension

richbloom

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have 175000 km on my car and I know I am going to have to do some suspension work very soon. I have ordered new rear and front struts (Monroe Sensatrac) and strut mounts. Is there aything I should replace when doing this?

I have 175000 km on my car and I know I am going to have to do some suspension work very soon. I have ordered new rear and front struts (Monroe Sensatrac) and strut mounts. Is there aything I should replace when doing this?

Yea...... The Monroe SensaCraps with OEM shocks. If you want a floaty, Oldsmobile ride the Monroe's are probably fine. They also won't last.

BTW, I don't care what the auto parts drones say, the LS has coil-over SHOCKS, NOT struts!

Monroe shocks for this car is like not having shocks at all. get the motorcraft it really is superior to any one you can get out there. so return it and get motorcraft unless you want to loose the sporty ride and go back to a towncar

motorcraft it really is superior to any one you can get out there.

well...almost true.

stance-coilovers.jpg

stance-coilovers.jpg

Go back and open your trunk. Push down real hard on the trunk will or where the trunk latches. If it barely moves, you might not need shocks. Then go to the side of your car and try and rock it from side to side. If it barely moves, you might not need shocks. If your complaint is the ride starting to get harsh, check tire tread wear and pressure. The stiff suspension is really sensitive to those things. Also check ball joints and bushings. I run UberX and often have 3 or 4 passengers in my car and I have no issues with the suspension. In fact I think it handles better and is much stiffer the way I like it.

The only thing I don't like about my shocks is the weak rebound so I will be getting some with adjustable rebound to take care of that.

Like the OP said stay with the Motorcraft or custom shocks to your liking. Go to a Jag dealer and see what they have.

If you're going for a full rebuild the linkage is pretty easy to do yourself. (Toe links/tie rod ends and sway bar links)

Any suggestion where to get rear upper and lower control arms without taking out a mortgage? Does any vendor sell just the bushings?

Any suggestion where to get rear upper and lower control arms without taking out a mortgage? Does any vendor sell just the bushings?
Rock auto, or Tasca I got my upper and lower rear control arms from them Tasca had the uppers and rock auto had the rear.

Members online

Back