2003 ls8

gljoe

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello - new to the site and looking forward to learning much. I have a 2003 LS8 Premium Sport that is black on black with a lot of miles on it. It's straight and clean with only minor cosmetic issues. I'll post pics when I get it cleaned up.

I'd like to ask any old timers for some tips on a couple of things that need attention. Tips/tricks and shortcuts are appreciated :)

1 - The armrest/console latch is broken. Best route to fix/replace?
2 - Ripping out 10 speaker system. Best thread for aftermarket wiring/speaker replacement?
3 - Upper console (reading lights, moonroof controls, sunglass holder) is loose in headliner. Is that headliner problem or console problem.
4 - Upper console sunglass door latch is suspect, any suggestions for fix/repair
5 - Driver seat has small tear in leather (heated/cooled seats are perforated). Should I sew it, patch it, put a seatcover on it?
6 - I want to tighten the suspension and lower it about 1". One stop shop for everything? Any recommendations?

Thank you all for any helpful pointers with these issues!

welcome! another fl member! the best bet for speakers is crutchfield. I bought my components from them and love them.

Welcome.:) Post up some pictures.

1. Replace. Salvage yard part $20. I see them every once in awhile.
2. Why? Just add subs and an amp. I have the Alpine system. All I did was add a pair of 10" subs with an amp. Sounds great.
3. Not sure. You will need to pull it out and check. Sorry.
4. Try replacing, when you pull it out to check #3.
5. You could try Katskinz for new seat covers. You could have them custom designed and installed for about $1500 at any interior shop front and rear.
6. Eibach springs pro-kit. I got a 1.75" drop with mine.

Audio Stuff

welcome! another fl member! the best bet for speakers is crutchfield. I bought my components from them and love them.

Thanks - I like crutchfield as well.
I was looking for more of a thread for where the speakers are, what sizes worked, how to push sound to 10 speakers from a 4 channel amp, and where the factory wiring runs to/from.
Is there a factory amplifier/dsp somewhere or is everything built into the head unit?

Thanks for the tips. I've started searching salvage yards for the console pieces.

I'm not an audiophile, but the factory system really is terrible. I want to add a head unit that lets me plug in a usb stick for mp3, and i'm going to put in higher quality speakers with more powerful amp.

I looked into Katskinz, but when I select Lincoln older than 2009, they only offer for the Navigator.

Thanks for the pointers anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back