2003 Lincoln LS V8 3.9 (Black / Grey) <A Project requiring TLC>

TurbineLife

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Project car that I work on when I can. Recently I ordered the shop manuals for this car so I can search for the Expansion Valve.

Currently, there is no cold air... the shop says the low side is high and signifies a blockage. ie - the expansion valve.
These are the guys I hired to replace the two main lines off the compressor. Comes to find out they never replaced my dryer which leaves me to suspect that somewhere when they had the system open that something contaminated the lines and reached the expansion valve. So - I'm having them drain it tomorrow and parking it will I get my parts in. And obviously, I'll ensure the dryer is replaced prior to recharging. (When I get in to it... I might do the evaporator coil - ???) I am also waiting for the climate control panel which was acting up. ie buttons weren't working and display was blacking out. (eBay)

This car needs a stock Radio.

The sunroof drain-lines are disconnected... eventually I'll pull the liner down for this fix but for now I disconnected the actuator and sealed it shut with a small bead of silicone.

Power Mirrors dont work.

This car has the Transmission problem where it shifts hard in some shift points and when going into gear or reverse. Clunk - but for now it drives and I baby my shifting by idling back right before a shift.

Members online

No members online now.
Back