2003 Lincoln Ls message center not working?!?!

03LSowner

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone my message center on my ls is not working and I am trying to find out hownto fix it. I have look throught the forum to find anyone with the same issue but had no luck. Anyone know what the problem may be or what I need to do??

Could you better define "not working?"
No display at all?
Won't cycle to the display that you want?
Readings incorrect?
Do you get any beeps as you press the message center buttons?

No display at all and when i press thr center buttons, nothing beeps or shows up on the screen. I just bought this car and I am not sure why it doesn't work when all the other ls cars were working. Any suggestions?

No display at all and when i press thr center buttons, nothing beeps or shows up on the screen. I just bought this car and I am not sure why it doesn't work when all the other ls cars were working. Any suggestions?

Pull the center vent out and make sure the buttons are connected. Maybe try disconnecting them.
This is a V8, correct? (Message centers only came on V8s and only work on them - If you have a V6, someone swapped clusters).

If none of this helps, you may have a bad cluster.

Pull the center vent out and make sure the buttons are connected. Maybe try disconnecting them.
This is a V8, correct? (Message centers only came on V8s and only work on them - If you have a V6, someone swapped clusters).

Or it's a V6 and they put in the wrong center vent........

Do I need to pull the dashboard off to remove the center vent out? It is a v8.

Do I need to pull the dashboard off to remove the center vent out? It is a v8.

No, not at all. The center vent panel just pulls straight out. You may need to pry around the edges a little with something plastic. Do be careful, these crack pretty easily.

Thanks everyone! I pulled the center vent out and it was connected. I guess my cluster is bad in that area.

Members online

Back