2003 GTi would "kill" my Mark???

guinnessman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So today I overheard my coworker saying how he killed another coworkers 2004 Accord on the highway. This dude is cool, but he sounded way to arrogant when he was talking.

I flat out said "my used and abused 96 Mark 8 would Murder your little GTi!!!!" just to give him a taste of his own medicine lol.

He wants to race from a roll, I told him i'll race aslong as there's a straight road from 60MPH... His car is pretty quick, he drove me in it once. It's a 2003 GTi Manual tranny, he has exhaust starting from header back, and he is chipped, also he's got a BOV on that thing along with 19inch wheels and bigger then stock tires. He said his car is 230HP....???

My 1996 LSC is Stock....

Outcome??? I know from a stop i'd be murdered unless i had 4.30 Gears.

be careful those little suckers are quick.....they are very light and have turbos and what not. I dont know the exact numbers but they are quick. You might loose fair and square.

If his GTI has the close ratio transmission, you would beat him on the top end obviously, but please don't race him from a dig.

race him.....but i'd go from 70ish not 60......race him from powerband!.....his 4 cylinder doesn't have the chops to run top end like the mark does

01 GTI was my first car back in 01. Yes, he will win. Its a chipped 1.8T with exhaust. Is it a 20th anniversary? If he was stock, it would be neck to neck, but you would slightly pull, but since he has chip and exhaust, sadly he will win

01 GTI was my first car back in 01, depends. Find out if hes got a 1.8T or a VR6 motor? and if its a 1.8T, then is it auto or stick? Is the GTI stock? IS your car stock? Then ill tell you exactly who will win

Reading Comprehension. A WONDERFUL thing...

His car is pretty quick, he drove me in it once. It's a 2003 GTi Manual tranny, he has exhaust starting from header back, and he is chipped, also he's got a BOV

Last time I checked, a BOV (Blow Off Valve) is not something you find on a naturally aspirated and Non Turbocharged engine.

Yes, there are turbocharged engines with no Blow Off Valves, but that's not the point.

Edit: I told you Reading comprehension is a great thing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the "Police" really cares about your posts. I doubt we have Law Enforcement lurking here just to pounce on you.

Now, I, on the other hand... I will give you (and everyone else deserving of it) chit. Like it or not, it's just how it is.

I don't think the "Police" really cares about your posts. I doubt we have Law Enforcement lurking here just to pounce on you.

Now, I, on the other hand... I will give you (and everyone else deserving of it) chit. Like it or not, it's just how it is.

i was refering to you as the police

I haven't seen Frog this active on the n00b front in a while... :D

As for the Gti... Only one way to find out!

Those 1.8T respond incredibly well to minimal mods... Exhaust and a chip being a great start... Money says its not a true BOV... should be a BPV being that they need to recirculate the air in those intake systems. Venting to atmosphere reeks havoc on the sensors...

Run him from a roll and be a man if you lose... :) You are done for from a dig..

days like this i miss my Trans Am.......guy at work had a r32 he wanted to go from a dig, and he said "after he beats me we can go from a roll if he wants so i can't cry foul of no traction".....we went from a dig and I beat him sooooo bad he wouldn't race me from the roll :) but then again on a 90 degree day wearing a suit to work and sitting in a puddle of sweat cause the car was a non A/C car with headders got old real fast...so race him, worst case you loose, if you do tell him "i have a luxury car, not a race car" haha

race him.....but i'd go from 70ish not 60......race him from powerband!.....his 4 cylinder doesn't have the chops to run top end like the mark does

Wrong. 70 is too high a starting point with a 4R70W and 3:27 gearing. As soon as he 'hits' it he will be 'slush-shifting' into 3rd around 84 mph.

Go from 60 and make sure you have a chip or jmod or you will lose on the 2-3 shift.

All hypothetical of course as street racing is illegal and not condoned on LVC.

Wrong. 70 is too high a starting point with a 4R70W and 3:27 gearing. As soon as he 'hits' it he will be 'slush-shifting' into 3rd around 84 mph.

Go from 60 and make sure you have a chip or jmod or you will lose on the 2-3 shift.

All hypothetical of course as street racing is illegal and not condoned on LVC.

nevermind.....i forgot....he's got an LSC.....327 is different....my bad

I haven't seen Frog this active on the n00b front in a while... :D

As for the Gti... Only one way to find out!

Those 1.8T respond incredibly well to minimal mods... Exhaust and a chip being a great start... Money says its not a true BOV... should be a BPV being that they need to recirculate the air in those intake systems. Venting to atmosphere reeks havoc on the sensors...

Run him from a roll and be a man if you lose... :) You are done for from a dig..

REAL RACING is from a dead stop AT a dragstrip.
none of thise ricer "roll on racing" BS.

if you cant beat him, then your car is slower, there is NO SHAME in that.
accept it for what it is..and stop trying to stack the deck in your favor.

MAN UP..... Roll on racing sponsored by "secret roll on deoderant" and CINNABON is for wussies.

Dont do this on the street, too many variables to judge WHO won.

no starting line, no finish line = NOT A RACE.

what you are talking about is a "contest of speed" and is highly illegal and STOOPID.

without a real starting line, and finish line.. how can it be a RACE?
it isn't..

also without an active starting tree, there is no way to get an honest start....
REDLIGHTS dont lie.

dragstrips dont lie.

street racing is for RICERS and NITWITS..
REAL RACERS take it to the TRACK
I'll let you decide where you fit in

yes, but his is not stock, his car is good for mid 14s

a stone stock 93 mark 8 is good for mid 14's

But unless the race is "at a track" mid 14's is meaningless
And in a "roll on race" mid 14's is even more irrelevant.

Either way... Roll is where you have the best chance

stop gaying up this thread with that pansy azzed "roll racing BS".
that is CRAP......

nothing is gained from a ROLL ON RACE.

If you cant build a car to effectively put the power to the pavement, and have to resort to GAY ROLL ON RACING...that's GAY

I'll say it again

GAY GAY GAY

no offense to GAY people, who are COOLER than ROLL ON RACING.

that is right in the middle of 97-98 mark 8 stock ET's.

a "driver" will/can overcome that minor of a difference in ET's.

agreed....thats with a pro driver...not some punk kid whos getting psyched out that a big lincolns gonna beat him....comes off the line too hard or maybe messes up a shift and you're gone!

Members online

Back