2002 lincoln ls v8 radiator removal

jb1986

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove a radiator out of a 2002 lincoln ls. I had a crack in mine and engine went hot very quickly. I got another but having trouble getting old one out. Visauls would help too if you have them. Thanks.

You should really consider purchasing a manual. That said, my manual didn't have the radiator removal procedure for a 2002, but here it is for 2001. Also, if it seems like a couple of steps are missing, those related to the 3.0 only, so don't apply to your vehicle. Good luck!

Radiator1.jpg
Radiator2.jpg
Radiator3.jpg
Radiator4.jpg
Radiator5.jpg
Radiator6.jpg
Radiator7.jpg

Radiator1.jpg

Radiator1.jpg

Radiator2.jpg

Radiator3.jpg

Radiator4.jpg

Radiator5.jpg

Radiator6.jpg

Radiator7.jpg

Thank you for the help. Soon as I get off I will get it done.

Be warned, you'll lose all of your AC refrigerant when you remove the condenser. Even if you don't get the refrigerant recovered, you should vent it in a controlled way, rather than just by disconnecting the condenser. I'd put a new receiver dryer on before vacuuming it down and recharging it. Also, when you vent it, stick the hose down in a bucket so that you can get an estimate of how much AC oil you lost.

You may not have to disconnect the condenser or the fluid cooler. I haven't done so. I did remove the fan as I had to access the front engine cover. Radiator hoses have been removed as well as they were going to be replaced. I haven't disconnected the PS pump lines or tranny lines. I did use cardboard to protect both sides of the radiator core (during install) and the tranny/ps/fan fluid cooler (during radiator removal and install). I pulled mine through the bottom of the vehicle. The under tray had to be removed. The radiator had to be wiggled out (and in) one obstacle at a time. Different hoses and such had enough slack to be tugged over various brackets and bumps on the radiator. Take your time and if the radiator stops coming out check out why. Good luck.

I didnt remove my AC dryer when i removed my radiator. It will move out of the way enuf. Mine Came out the top, it wasn't easy but its possible

What ever you do don't disconnect the condenser. It a simple removal on the 202 models jack the car up, support it on stands.

The radiator is removed from the bottom.

A simple drop out push in.

Can be done in less then a hour. It took me longer the first time I changed mines cause I went at it from the top. The second time I went from the bottom and slapped myself from not doing it that way the first time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back