2002 Lincoln LS stuck CD's

roman_capps

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone my friend's LS stock stereo head unit has CD's stuck backwards in the unit itself any suggestions.

That is probably due to a plastic gear that gets loose on a metal motor shaft. Your friend will probably have to remove the unit, take apart the unit, and re-attach the gear to the shaft. I'd try making some grooves in the smooth motor shaft using a Dremel Tool, so that an epoxy will have something to grab on to. It's a lot of work.

wow thanks girlfriendsls that quite some foot work to be done I'll tell him just to get a new after market head unit something i've noticed in town cars and LS models the stock head units are cheap I like to keep it orginal but i like sound better

One trick you can try is to see if you can push the CD back with a credit card. That may engage the gears enough to start an eject sequence. Getting the CD out solves nothing; it will likely happen again. The head unit is probably shot and it's time to upgrade.

One trick you can try is to see if you can push the CD back with a credit card. That may engage the gears enough to start an eject sequence. Getting the CD out solves nothing; it will likely happen again. The head unit is probably shot and it's time to upgrade.

Or replace. Replacements are pretty inexpensive on ebay.

I've gotten a used replacement on eBay. It had the same problem, so be sure there is a return policy. Plus the volume knob wasn't working properly, a common problem. You turn it down and the volume goes up, but the volume button on the steering wheel worked.

thank you everyone you have been a help to my friend he said no one knows how to fix that head unit well we proved him wrong lol :)

When my '02 was only a couple of years old---(I bought new)---I started having ejection problems. I went into 'Car Tunes' to get a replacement and was told it was an easy fix. It was and it's worked just fine ever since.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back