2002 Lincoln LS Installing aftermarket amplifiers to audio system

Hammermeow

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Any help I can get would be great. I have already installed an aftermarket radio. My LS has 2 amplifiers. One in the rear deck and the other in the dash.[

I am trying to hook up 2 aftermarket amps in place of factory amps. I want to install 6 x 9 speakers in rear deck and aftermarket speakers in front and rear doors. One amp to power all 6 speakers. Then I have subs I want powered by other amp.

run power and ground wires from the battery to the (new) amps (fuse the power wire at the battery)

run RCA cables and a remote amp turn on wire from the radio to each amp

run speaker wire from the amps to each speaker (or sub) you are going to be connecting. for the four door speakers, you can either run wire directly to each speaker through the door boot, or you can run speed wire up to the radio (with the RCA's) and they use the factory wiring to get the sound to the door speakers

mount the amps down to something.

long story short, exactly like every other amp install.

PRO TIP dont waste time replacing the rear door speakers if you are adding new rear deck speakers, you wont really be able to hear them at all.

PRO TIP I would't do rear deck speaker, I would just remove them completely and put in good speakers in the rear doors, then there is a place for the bass to better travel into the cabin with out getting muffled by the rear seat, or if the subs move enough air, distorting the rear deck speakers.

PRO TIP the battery is in the trunk.

See this is what I mean ... just got me a cheap Lincoln LS ... putting in some wicked audio, after that watch me bitch about misfires, overheating and crappy suspension.

Of course this story could be different not sure but I always love a good stereo in the driveway that can't go anywhere until 2G's sunk in to it.

Good luck, sorry no offense meant.
Be sure to check that degas bottle.

As always, up to you! Nothing personal.

Bro tip: forget the center console speakers/amp. Nobody loves them and only the factory head can utilize them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back