2002 Dome/Map Lights - Which Part # Is it?

skizot722

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2002 and am looking at doing the interior LED conversion. Sylvania's site says the dome and map lights are 168, Alax says they're 194 in his post, and my 2002 LS Owner's Guide says they are 212. 194 and 168 are pretty similar, but 212 is a completely different bulb (festoon I believe?). Which is it? :)

My 2000 is a 212 festoon. Gen 2's are 194/168's.

Hey Pektel, did you change the bulbs in your visors as well? I am in the middle of swapping my bulbs out, but I am not sure what bulb it is. It looks like a festoon bulb, but smaller. Would this be the 212-2?

I never changed the visor lights. If I were you, I'd pull the bulb out of the passenger side, and bring it to a local place like autozone/Oreilly's and match it up.

I am going to do that today. Not to threadjack, but does the headliner really have to come down to change the map light bulbs?

On gen 1, I believe it's possible to do it without dropping the headliner. You just have to know where the release clips are. I don't remember where they are.

I pulled the bulbs out and visited the local O'Reilly's and Pep Boys only to find they do not carry the bulbs in LED form I am looking for. I'm going to order them online, but I am not sure what to order in regards to the smaller bulb.

IMAGS0100.jpg

The bottom bulb is the 212-2 bulb out of the rear dome light. The bottom is out of the vanity light in the sun visor. Any one know what bulb type/number this?

I meant to only find the regular filament bulb size, so you could cross it over.

I figured thats what you meant, but neither the filament or LED version of the bulbs were on the shelves.

I pulled the bulbs out and visited the local O'Reilly's and Pep Boys only to find they do not carry the bulbs in LED form I am looking for. I'm going to order them online, but I am not sure what to order in regards to the smaller bulb.

The bottom bulb is the 212-2 bulb out of the rear dome light. The bottom is out of the vanity light in the sun visor. Any one know what bulb type/number this?

How did you get the bulb out of the rear dome light? Any luck on the front map lights?

I removed visors, oh sh*t handles, a and b pillars and was able to get to everything. I also opened the moonroof so I could see between the roof and headliner. I think I was able to get to the rear dome light by pressing the retaining clips with a screwdriver. Of course, I had to pull the headliner down to see them.

I removed visors, oh sh*t handles, a and b pillars and was able to get to everything. I also opened the moonroof so I could see between the roof and headliner.
I got that far, but I wasn't sure how to release the clips from the top (between headliner and roof). Did you release them from below the headliner?

I wish I could remember the whole process. It was quite a while ago. But I will be doing it again VERY soon. Order in for white LED's this time (Like an idiot, I did blue last time. Can't see sh*t at night with them)

I wish I could remember the whole process. It was quite a while ago. But I will be doing it again VERY soon. Order in for white LED's this time (Like an idiot, I did blue last time. Can't see sh*t at night with them)

LOL. Yeah, I ordered the 5000K LEDs from V-Leds and they are almost too blue for me. I really didn't want to crack my headliner, or break the map/dome light housings, so I stopped and put everything back together the other day. Do you just push in on the clips with a flathead, or what?

What LEDs did you get and from where?

going to order. I meant to order them yesterday. I am going to order the natural white, if I can find them. Otherwise it will be the cool white.

How did you get the bulb out of the rear dome light? Any luck on the front map lights?

I used a panel removal tool and popped the assembly out. It came out pretty easy. I am still trying to find the smaller festoon bulbs.

Lol I just removed my visors, oh shtt handles, pillars, and front liner only to figure out that all you need to do is pop the 2 corners closest to the windshield with a very flat screwdriver grrrr

Members online

No members online now.
Back