2002 Continental CE – visibility backing up

Vitas

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Took a 2002 Continental Collectors Edition, with 12k miles on it, for a test ride.
Nice power from the 275 hp Intech 4.6 liter engine. Nice stereo. Moon Roof. Ride adjustable suspension.

I go to back the car into a parking spot, and I can't see the rear of the car. Not the trunk lid, nor the rear fenders. All I see is the rear interior shelf, and nothing but air above it.

How is this problem dealt with? Do you just get used to it?

Any other comments on this year and model Lincoln are appreciated.

I never noticed it. Be sure to drive it at highway speeds to see if you like FWD cars with nearly 300HP on the highway before making a final decision...

evillally said:
I never noticed it. Be sure to drive it at highway speeds to see if you like FWD cars with nearly 300HP on the highway before making a final decision...

What are the details to that? This one has 275 hp.

I am also trying to figure out the reliability factor of the driver adjusted suspension, and the costs to repair it. More complicated than straight air bag suspension?

Vitas said:
What are the details to that? This one has 275 hp.

I am also trying to figure out the reliability factor of the driver adjusted suspension, and the costs to repair it. More complicated than straight air bag suspension?

Well, the torque-steer is much more noticeable at highway speeds because of the extra power at higher RPM's. Don't forget, those are B heads on that 4.6, so you make lots of power at higher RPM's. Just make sure you REALLY drive it and are satisfied with it's all-around preformance.

As for reliability, the Conti scores pretty high. The adjustable suspension and steering are reliable for the most part. I rarely hear of problems on 98+ Conti's suspension and steering. It's a nice car, but FWD is not my glass of beer. With only 12,000 miles, you'll be petty good for a long while. My 02 had 58,000 miles, no problems before I traded it...

evillally said:
Well, the torque-steer is much more noticeable at highway speeds because of the extra power at higher RPM's. Don't forget, those are B heads on that 4.6, so you make lots of power at higher RPM's. Just make sure you REALLY drive it and are satisfied with it's all-around preformance.

As for reliability, the Conti scores pretty high. The adjustable suspension and steering are reliable for the most part. I rarely hear of problems on 98+ Conti's suspension and steering. It's a nice car, but FWD is not my glass of beer. With only 12,000 miles, you'll be petty good for a long while. My 02 had 58,000 miles, no problems before I traded it...

Sounds like good advice.

It really seems to be a very nice car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back