2000 TC Joins Our Family

holptj

LVC Member
Reaction score
Co-worker is getting ready to retire and bought a new Santa Fe. Dealer offered him $600 for the TC but he knows I love my Conti and that I would appreciate it, so he decided to give it to me.

It needs some love, but overall a nice ride. F/R driver side windows don't move, dings, dents, and paint fade are the downside. Recently rebuilt front end, new blend door, fairly new tires, and only 84K on the clock are the pluses.

Worst paint fade is on the hood.

TC3.jpg

You can't really see it in the pic, but the pillars are bad too.

TC2.jpg

It should look much better once I give it a good bath.

TC4.jpg

The interior is dirty and the leather is a bit cracked, but no rips.

I'm very happy and hope it is as trouble free as the Conti has been.

TC2.jpg

TC3.jpg

TC4.jpg

I had time to check the car out in greater detail this past weekend. While investigating the axle code, I discovered why the Air Suspension light is on. My friend had coil conversion done. He didn't really know the specifics - just that the light had been on and the garage he took it to fixed the problem and told him to ignore the light.

It seems to ride okay, but I've not driven a townie before so cannot do a fair comparison. It seems about like the Conti with the functioning air ride.

Any thoughts? Down side to the coil conversion?

I drove it a bit more today and I really can't tell much of a difference in the ride. Since the conversion is already done, not a whole lot to worry about. I'm not interested in switching back (at least for now), so I'll enjoy it the way it is.

Got the DS windows fixed today, so I can hit the Sonic drive through whenever I want!

I would have jumped at the chance too!

The biggest difference is that a car without air suspension will sit low in the back once there are two adult passengers, especially if there's luggage too.

Looks like a nice car. Just a little tlc and it will be good as new.

Tons of new/used parts for this model at a good price, like the door pillars and such.

Been driving the car more and last week I thought a Goose must have made a nest under the hood. I didn't find any feathered friends under there, so replaced the IABP and now the honking noise is gone and the miss has smoothed out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back