2000$ Repairs at the Ford Dealership

kingtonghsp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just don't have the time, and my wife needs this car for work.

2000 entails of full engine tune, 2 thermostats, thermostat housing, coolant outlet pipe, and both valve cover gaskets.

Car was overheating, spraying coolant everywhere, and leaking oil because the gaskets went bad.

2005 Lincoln LS V8, 91,000 miles.

I hope this will fix it, because I can't do it anymore guys! Lol.

... 2 thermostats...

You know, the LS only has one. If they broke one, had the wrong one, or a defective one, that is all their problem. There should only be one thermostat on your bill.

Did they change the COP's and spark plugs while they had the valve covers off?

Where was it spraying coolant everywhere? Front of the engine? Behind the drivers front tire?

And what does a 'full engine tune' consist of?

This thread screams of scam. $2k for that? The parts are just a few hundred and it really don't take that long to do everything on the list. 5 or 6 hours tops.

I'd call and tell them to stop now! then have them explain everything

No, there isn't 2 thermostats. He's full of sh*t.

Also ask to see all the old parts they removed.

Have a pic of the receipt you can upload? I would like to see how they billed. Something seems really odd about that amount paid.

This thread screams of scam. $2k for that? The parts are just a few hundred and it really don't take that long to do everything on the list. 5 or 6 hours tops.

Lol, it does doesnt it? I also paid 1600 for all 4 struts to be replaced a year ago.

I think it's mostly the labor.

well go ahead and pay for it... and when you get the bill charging two thermostats, go to town on them... They'd be begging me to take my money back if i saw that on my WO by the time i was done with them....

well go ahead and pay for it... and when you get the bill charging two thermostats, go to town on them... They'd be begging me to take my money back if i saw that on my WO by the time i was done with them....

Lol, when I get the receipt i should call a ford dealership in another area, and compare notes. See if i just got scammed.

Also any labor associated with the "2nd" thermostat.

This thread doesn't even make any sense. If my mechanic were telling me I needed two thermostats and they planned to charge me for that, I would stop him right there. Why aren't you even questioning these crazy charges/prices?

Im so crazy. Sorry guys, it's 1 thermostat. 2 housing pieces. One for the thermostat, and the other is the coolant outlet pipe.

I told them to forget about the tune up, which consist of spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and pcv valve. 475 for all that. Yeah. I can do that for like 100 bucks in about 2 hours max. That's no problem for me.

I just don't have the time to do the valve cover gaskets and the coolant parts.

So total is around 1600 for that after taxes.

Not sure because I have not had to deal with cooling issues on my car yet, but does the 3.9 have 2 pumps maybe, an electric and a mechanical???

I dunno, but it was a mistake on the rading part. It says 2 thermostat, just didn't see the housing part. Meaning one housing for the thermostat, the other is a assembly that connects to the thermostat, which is the coolant outlet pipe.

Not 2 thermostats. Sorry guys. lol

You have an '05 and it's under 100k miles. Shouldn't they have to cover the valve cover gaskets under the extended service warranty?

You have an '05 and it's under 100k miles. Shouldn't they have to cover the valve cover gaskets under the extended service warranty?

No. The extended warranty only covers valve cover gaskets on the 2003, no other years. (It also only covers V8s.)

I did a similar job on my 02 LS last year. Degas bottle, thermostat housing and outlet pipe, crossover pipe, water pump, and upper + lower radiator hoses. I got all motorcraft stuff (except for Jag aluminum cooling tower) and I think it cost me about $500 in parts.

Not sure because I have not had to deal with cooling issues on my car yet, but does the 3.9 have 2 pumps maybe, an electric and a mechanical???

The 3.9 has a mechanical (belt driven) coolant pump and an auxillary (electric) coolant pump

shame on them, everybody know you are supposed to use lube, not sand.

Members online

No members online now.
Back