2000 navigator 32v strange horn like sound??

daniel.zell29

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got a navigator recently and when at a stop in hear a strange horn kinda pressure noise and the truck almost wants to stahl out but if I hit the gas it goes away for a little bit but comes. Back at the next stop and only does it when ideal has any one else experienced this issue yo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

First thing that come to my mind is a vacuum leak. If the noise is happening only when the brake is applied, replace the brake booster check valve ($5). Otherwise, check the vacuum lines around the engine while it's running for leaks, collapsed lines, etc.

You know what I figured it out its the butterfly valve on the throttle body I believe so it could be ideal control valve going bad
I'm going to take a look at it this weekend and check what it should be ☠

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I assume this refers to the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve...aka IMRC valve. Any advice on cleaning/replacement?

I assume this refers to the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve...aka IMRC valve. Any advice on cleaning/replacement?

I suspect they were talking about the IAC (Idle Air Control), aka Idle air bypass valve. I know that on the 94 through 2001 Mercury's that I had, this valve would make the described noise when it started to fail.

Members online

No members online now.
Back