2000 Navi - good deal?

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 loaded Black on Gray Navi - DVD 6 CD 68K on the odo. Has full maintance records. Wants $13,500. My wife is dying for a Navi.

Anything I should look for?

Looks like it had a blend door issue and a blown head gasket - oil was foamy and white. He would only drop to $12K - Ok I will try again...

Wife is gettin anxious -she wants a Navi before winter (she has a 2000 hot rod Mustang Vert. which is prob going to my daughter).

Frat-man-du,

I just bought my wife a 2002 Navigator. It was loaded with all of the goodies and only 50k on it. I was fortunate to have it in mind condition on the inside, with everything working in great order under the hood and interior.

I took it in the back-end because I bought it from a dealer, but like you, my wife was dying for one (upgrade from '98 Dodge Durango) and I shopped around for a few months before pulling the trigger.

The only non-working item was the navigation system, which I heard was not very impressive, compared to the GPS systems available over the counter today, so I bought her a Garmin unit, which works excellent and even easy enough for her to use it.

2 weeks ago, I started the process of credit card abuse on this vehicle, with a full stereo & speaker upgrade, plus amps, subwoofers, etc. Got a few more things to do in the electronics dept such as monitors, DVD players, and video games for the kids.

Today I just spend $3k on new 22" bling wheels and 305/45 R22 tires. Next paycheck >>> performance tuners for big hp gains, air-intake system and exhaust.

Will keep this forum updated on my progress.

Frat -

I forgot to mention........ the only thing I regret is not having enough $$ to get a 2003 + model Navi. Nothing wrong with the '02's, but 2003 up they changed alot of things. In my search for wheels, I was limited in what I could get due to the bolt pattern of 5 on 135. I spent 2 weeks pricing and shopping for 22 x 10 wheels that I thought would fit, but when I went to order them, about 70% of what I wanted didn't have the 5/135 bolt pattern I need for the '02 Navi. I still ended up with some killer wheels, but they ended up being about #7 or 8 on my list of most desirable wheels.

The same goes for most of the cosmetic things I am looking at changing. All the things shown on the catalogs & websites are rarely for 1998 - 2002. They are mostly for 2003 and up.

If you're not looking to pimp your ride, this may not be a big concern for you.

Thanks, so far the two I have looked at had blown out #2 or #3 plugs.
A tech told me this was very common on all Ford/Lincoln Trucks all motors with aluminum heads from 97-2006. $3000 to fix, just one plug. I could timsert.

Wife wants bling! so maybe 2003....I am sure the right one will come along. I am worried about the blowing plugs though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back