2000 LS Sport V8

shltn

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked mine up over the weekend. It has 45600 miles on it. Beautifully kept and maintained. So far I love it! It handles better than I thought it could. Plenty of power, etc.

I have been getting increasingly nervous though. I have heard of some people having quite a few troubles with theirs. Is there anything in particular I should know or worry about the 2000 LS? My warranty expires in Jan '05. But man those extanded warranties are expensive.

Also, mine doesn't have the woodgrain on the steering wheel or the shift knob. I have priced it out from my local Ford dealers and about $150 is the best I can find. You guys know of any other places I could get it for cheaper?
I also plan on sticking a K&N air filter in her, what benefits can I expect from that? Do you recommend anything else?

Thanks everyone! I look forward to learning alot in here!

just wanted to say welcome. I have some family in Harrisburg so next time I'm down that way I'll have to stop over and say Hi!

shltn said:
Picked mine up over the weekend. It has 45600 miles on it. Beautifully kept and maintained. So far I love it! It handles better than I thought it could. Plenty of power, etc.

I have been getting increasingly nervous though. I have heard of some people having quite a few troubles with theirs. Is there anything in particular I should know or worry about the 2000 LS? My warranty expires in Jan '05. But man those extanded warranties are expensive.

Also, mine doesn't have the woodgrain on the steering wheel or the shift knob. I have priced it out from my local Ford dealers and about $150 is the best I can find. You guys know of any other places I could get it for cheaper?
I also plan on sticking a K&N air filter in her, what benefits can I expect from that? Do you recommend anything else?

Congrats on getting the Lincoln LS. I have one and absolutely love mine.

As for problems, the 2000 LS was a first year model for Lincoln and with most first year vehicles there were some problems. The biggest was hard shifting or failing transmissions. I would ask your dealer if the PCM has been re-flashed for this problem. As for extended warranties, save your money. Use that money for repairs or if any at all.

Also, I would suggest you subscribe to Alldatadiy.com. I have for the past two years and it's been great. It has all of the TSB's (technical service bulletins) and recalls for your car. Also, it has service manuals for your car and it's just basically a good tool to have to trouble shoot any problem you might have.

There were two different styles available for the LS. One is a Sport and the other is a Base. The sport model LS's had the all-leather steering wheel and knob, no chrome on the bumper, SST shifter, upgrade Alpine stereo, 17" wheels and moon roof. Of course there are a few more things but those are the items that stand out the most. The wood steering wheel and knob comes on the premium or base model LS's along with a chrome strip on front and rear bumper. If you are wanting a wood grain steering wheel check eBay first and then contact Ford Parts Network at www.fordpartsnetwork.com. They can normally get stuff like that cheaper than the dealer.

Thanks for the quick replies. I will check with the local dealer on those items you mentioned. I did not buy my locally, they did not have what I wanted in stock. So I traveled up north a bit to get mine.

I know the local dealer will service it under factory warranty, is there a way I could get all of the recalls and TSB on a list? I would like the local dealer to give this car the "once over" before the warranty expires.

Thanks again!

Well, if you take a list of TSB's in to the dealer and say "fix these problems" you may have some resistance. They, the dealer, will work with you to fix the problems that have the symptoms from the TSB's. Some dealers are easy to work with and others are a pain in the arse. I'm fortunate to have a dealer that will bend over backwards to help.

If I were you I'd drive the car for a few weeks and see if anything abnormal pops up. If not, then you'll probably be good to go.

Congrats on a nice ryde......and :W to the LvC. You can also call Max @ 5 Star Ford 1-800-866-1520 ext 236 for parts for your car.....Max IS da man!!!!!!

Oh......
:GotPics: :GotPics: :GotPics: :GotPics:

Thanks! I will give him a shout on the acessories I am wanting. Thanks again!

1wykdmk8 said:
Congrats on a nice ryde......and :W to the LvC. You can also call Max @ 5 Star Ford 1-800-866-1520 ext 236 for parts for your car.....Max IS da man!!!!!!

Oh......
:GotPics: :GotPics: :GotPics: :GotPics:

shltn said:

I have a woodgrain shifter and wheel that I would swap with you, if you are close enough. Mine is a 2000 also. While we are at it, I will swap you wheels if you want chrome 16's instead of silver 17s (if that is what you have). I come from the world of Mustangs and such. This car is a culture shock for me, but I am really liking it. I just picked mine up last week. I am surprised to find out my MPG keeps going up even though the traffic sucks here. I am at 19.6 now. :)

Members online

Back