2000 LS Lug Nuts - has anyone sourced them? Never thought I'd ask about lug nuts!

Lincoln LS

1. TomPJr

TomPJr LVC Member

Hey Team,
    Seems the little decorative acorn covers on my lug nuts are mangled - no doubt from someone thrashing on them at a tire shop....
    Went to get new tires today and they had a pretty good challenge in getting the lug nuts off.
    Has anyone else out there experienced this and sourced some good replacement lug nuts?
    Tom

2. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

3. antonio fuller

antonio fuller Well-Known LVC Member

I put aftermarkets on my first LS I still have the OE lug nuts it was a 2001 with alloy rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 1LoudLS

1LoudLS Dedicated LVC Member

after having my third chrome cap start spinning, I abandoned the Lincoln nut, originally going with a gorilla lug nut but then changing to the sebring lug nut for a better fit.

5. craigh

craigh Well-Known LVC Member

Yes the chrome cover on them is very poorly designed and the lug nuts get mangled if not removed carefully. Over the years I have bought lug nuts at O'Reilly. Dorman lug nuts if I remember correctly. The design is better. The Chrysler Sebring lug nuts are actually preferred. Not a chrome cover on it like the Lincoln ones and they hold up over time. The lug wrench size is different, maybe 18 mm vs 19mm so you might need a different lug wrench in the car. Don't remember for certain.

6. FDR

FDR Dedicated LVC Member

All of mine are rusted and the chrome is flaking, but it beats a pretty stamped metal cover that detaches.

Sebrings are 21mm. Stock is 19mm. It turns into 18mm if you peel the metal cover off because the damn thing is spinning... I bought an 18" Craftsman Industrial 1/2" breaker bar and single Tekton deep socket for $30. I like the breaker bar setup so much more than the stock wrench I went and replaced it in my other car, too.

7. Driggy

Driggy LVC Member

Dorman 611-229. Rock auto has them $1.46 if you buy 10+. They are chrome, not sure if yours are but I replaced mine with them works great.

8. TomPJr

TomPJr LVC Member

This team is awesome - thank you! I will log onto Rock Auto and buy the Dorman 611-229 units. Never in my life would i have anticipated lug nuts to fail under somewhat "normal" use. THanks everyone! Tom

9. Driggy

Driggy LVC Member

Use discount code 5056031345308285 for 5% off. Good till Nov. 6th.

10. Hawk03

Hawk03 Dutch User

Same here. They seemed to rust pretty quick, less than a year (6 months?) of installing them.

11. frozenthorn

frozenthorn New LVC Member

12. FDR

FDR Dedicated LVC Member

Definitely don't try to buy them individually in one night from 5 stores at $4 each... definitely not the way to go :(

I bought a set of conical Gorilla spline tuner lugs online, only to very quickly learn about how A) stock LS wheels really want "mag" lugs and B) the thin "tuner" lugs go right through most of the holes in the wheel. So as to not delay the car any longer because I was impatient, I rushed out and paid $80 for 20 crappy-but-effective nuts