2000 Lincoln LS Keyless entry FOB remote programming.

smok3smok3

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is it possible or am I stuck visiting the dealer to get it reprogrammed? If is is dealer only, have any of you done it? I would be curious about the pricing. And of course, if I can do it on my own... could you point me in the proper direction?

Thanks in advance.

1st gen LS you will have to take the remote fobs to the dealer for programming; 2nd gen you can program yourself.

Covered in your owner’s manual if you don’t have manual down load from TECH ARTICLES at the top of the page next to SEARCH.

1st gen LS you will have to take the remote fobs to the dealer for programming; 2nd gen you can program yourself.

Covered in your owner’s manual if you don’t have manual down load from TECH ARTICLES at the top of the page next to SEARCH.

Thanks for the info.

Below are the steps that I followed to program remotes on both my 2003 Lincoln LS and my 2002 Mercury Sable, it should work for you also.

1. Insert a key in the ignition and turn from 3(Off) to 4(On) eight times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds) with the eighth turn ending in the 4(On) position.

2. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that programming mode has been entered.

3. Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any button on a transmitter. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.)

4. Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.

5. When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn th ignition to 3(Off) or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.

Below are the steps that I followed to program remotes on both my 2003 Lincoln LS and my 2002 Mercury Sable, it should work for you also.

1. Insert a key in the ignition and turn from 3(Off) to 4(On) eight times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds) with the eighth turn ending in the 4(On) position.

2. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that programming mode has been entered.

3. Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any button on a transmitter. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.)

4. Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.

5. When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn th ignition to 3(Off) or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.

I tried this about 11ty times with no luck. I even did it on other fords vehicles and it did work. 2003 explorer and 2003 focus. No luck with my 2000 LS though. Thanks guys!

Looks like I was wrong... like gcwimmer said, it must be a 1st gen 2nd gen thing, I looked on http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/lincoln-ls-remotes.html and it looks like 2003+ are able to be programmed with the instructions that I provided, but 2002 and below require dealer programming... not cool.

Anyone know if this is also true for the keyless keypads also? I assume so.

You have to have the the original code to add a personal code, if you don't have the original code it is a dealer read. The original code comes on a credit card like card in the owners manual case.

Again, the information is in the owners manual.

You have to have the the original code to add a personal code, if you don't have the original code it is a dealer read. The original code comes on a credit card like card in the owners manual case.

Again, the information is in the owners manual.

To clarify its a 02. 00-02 didn't come from the factory with keypad keyless entry. I purchased a new Ford one for use for my car from a member on here awhile ago but never installed, just wondering since this came up if anyone that has one knows how to program it. The box and directions don't say, and since its a aftermarket Ford acc. I don't my manual covers it.

just got off the phone with World Ford in Pembroke Pines, tried getting a price and appointment and the guy says " Just come in and I'll do it for you."

So who knows, might get it done for free. Sweet.

The 03+ manuals have the information, here is a part of it:

Programming a personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.
4. Enter a sixth digit to indicate which personality feature should be
recalled by the personal code. Note: The lock motors will cycle, locked
recalled by the personal code. Note: The lock motors will cycle, locked
then unlocked.
• 1 • 2 recalls driver personality 1.
• 3 • 4 recalls driver personality 2.
• 9 • 0 does not recall a driver personality.
Wait 5 seconds without pressing a keypad button in order to store a
personal entry code.
Tips:
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal
code.
• If you set a personal code and store it over an existing personal code
it will erase that personal code only.
Erasing personal codes
1. Enter the factory set 5–digit code. The keyless entry keypad and
interior lights will illuminate and the driver’s door will unlock.
2. Press and release the 1 • 2 within five seconds of completing step 1.
3. Press and hold the 1 • 2 for two seconds to erase the customer
programmed codes.
All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5–digit code
will work.
Note: To exit programming mode, either wait 5 seconds after pressing 1
• 2 on the keypad, or press the 7 • 8 and 9 • 0 pads simultaneously to
lock all vehicle doors and end programming mode.
Anti-scan feature
If the wrong code has been entered several times, the keypad will go into
an anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and
the keypad illumination will flash.
The anti-scan feature will turn off after:
• one minute of keypad inactivity.
• pressing the UNLOCK control on the remote entry transmitter.
• the ignition is turned to the 4 (RUN) position.

the ford keyless entry that you buy from the dealer(not the factory) works like a code activated key fob, it just sticks with double sticky tape and you program it like a key fob i programed one for my mom on her taurus and my uncle on his super duty, and they worked like a charm. it sounds like you would have to take it to the dealer if you have a 1st gen

the ford keyless entry that you buy from the dealer(not the factory) works like a code activated key fob, it just sticks with double sticky tape and you program it like a key fob i programed one for my mom on her taurus and my uncle on his super duty, and they worked like a charm. it sounds like you would have to take it to the dealer if you have a 1st gen

Yes it sounds like it....sucks cause I don't go there for anything.

Members online

Back