200,000 and a Turbo

Lincoln LS

1. RodLS

RodLS Dedicated LVC Member

I hit 200,000 with my LS this past week. :wrench

IMG_20150527_193623_zpsft9rhxqz.jpg

Way back when I first got it in 2010 with 80,000 miles. 4x4 engaged.

IMG_0086.jpg

Had a little accident one icy morning. Some vehicles in front of me decided to pile up on an iced over bridge.

IMG_1029.jpg

After the wreck. Lowered on Eibachs and angel eyes added. Thanks Alax7 for the install video

Calendar.jpg

New Jaguar Tucana wheels. Thanks mlara1129.

IMG_7492.jpg

K&N intake added. I don't know if it helps with performance but it sure sounds good.

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

New wheels again! I got these for a crazy cheap price that I couldn't pass up. Thanks Long_Island_LS for finding them.

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

After a long search I found a LSE spoiler at a decent price.

Calendar2014_zps349dc8ea.jpg

My pinion bearing starting to make noises so I took the opportunity to add a LSD.

IMG_8422.jpg

And off to track day. JK :lol: Upper coolant hose popped.

Towing_zpsab21bd7a.jpg

My second set of shocks started to go bad so I bit the bullet and bought Stance coilovers. I've raised it a bit after this picture.

IMG_8530_zpsidjwl1sq.jpg

IMG_8522_zpsd518d9a1.jpg

My LS has had the common problems. Shocks wore out around 100,000 as well as coil on plugs. I was lucky enough to get one of the last sets of the Visteon coils and I still have them today 100,000 miles later. I've replace all the coolant system components over the years (kinda wish I did them all at once). The transmission went at 160,000, replaced it with a Ford remanufactured. Both front hubs and all of the front end suspension parts have been replaced.

Now time for the turbo :biggrin: I bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution back in November. I still have my LS and drive it now and again but I plan on selling it.

IMG_20150307_144516_zps4lalnzss.jpg

Its not nearly as pretty or luxurious as the LS but it's fast, handles great, and the brakes will take your face off. I got a few mods planned, nothing crazy. I've got/getting exhaust, intake, intercooler, intercooler piping and a dyno tune.

IMG_20150530_204411_zpssv91ypba.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • 1LoudLS

1LoudLS Dedicated LVC Member

nice progression on the LS! really looking good!

also, not a bad looking turbo either, at least you wont have to worry about piston/rod failure with that one!!!

I was really surprised when helping a buddy with his EVO VIII at how much of a difference a larger and thicker intercooler made! after a turbo upgrade (mostly a factory snail with a slightly modified compressor ) and switching to a manual boost controller. when we had it on the rollers at the tuners, we actually had to back the boost off a bit cause once you went above 24ish, it started making less power (or stopped making more power going higher...) due to heat soak and the intercooler not being effective anymore... so he stopped the session and ordered a much larger IC, after putting it on he took it back to finish up the dyno session and it was making crazy power! made about 20-25 more HP off the same tune and then really like going higher, i think he had them take it up above 27-28 but then turned it back down cause he was a little scared with it that high.

definitely one of the fastest imports I have ever rode in!

• RigsLS

RigsLS Dedicated LVC Member

Ride, Rode, Ridden :p

• Like Like x 1
      • tireman

tireman Dedicated LVC Member

Sweet machine, congrats on 200k miles!

• Drac

Drac LVC Member

Amazing. I aspire to get my 2006 to the same level as yours. Your suspension stance is amazing. Well done! :)

• Andrizzle

Andrizzle Dedicated LVC Member

Def in my top LSes. Congrats on the new ride, going to be a sad day when the LS is sold (for nothing).

• Like Like x 1
        • chocolat1701

chocolat1701 Dedicated LVC Member

congrats and how are the stance coilovers feel compared to the stock

• RodLS

RodLS Dedicated LVC Member

Not really sure how they compare to stock. I had Eibach on for 70,000 before switching to Stance. On the lowest dampening setting on Stance they feel almost like Eibach on sport shocks. When they are cranked up to 18 you'll feel every bump in the road.