2 DIN JVC head unit install

lincolnelite

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a $129 credit in PayPal when I purchased a new radiator a month ago, turned out the radiator transmission cooler section was ok. It was just the hose, I returned the radiator at advance auto. Decided to buy the credit a JVC head unit with bluetooth since my iphone 6 plus won't fit in the bracket for my isimple iphone adapter. Bought the unit with wiring adapters and bracket for $139. I bought the steering wheel adapter in ebay (Metra Axess ASWC-1)

The metra steering adapter is plug and play, only 3 wires need to be connected. No switches or buttons to press to program compared to PAC. Once the ignition is on, it automatically autodetects.

I like Pioneer head units more than JVC but this time I want to try a different brand, seems promising as advertised. It turned out I don't really like the configuration and display in JVC, the pioneer head units are more refined and easy. I also need to use the female adapter for the steering since JVC uses a wire instead of a plug. Overall I'm happy with the result, I could receive phone calls and text alerts from the unit and as well as stream music via bluetooth without taking out my phone from my pocket. The steering wheel controls are working flawlessly too that it's like OEM.

https://www.facebook.com/diylincoln...5405005865627/875404855865642/?type=1&theater

Wow that looks great. What I really like is that its really clean looking, factory type feeling to it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back