1997 Towncar front end rebuild.

DadsTC97

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here guys and hope you can maybe help me. I just purchased a 97 tc exec and honestly it's my first. I have been in to the deville mostly while dad has been a loyal tc owner since as long as I can remember. The reason being is every tc I have ever driven always had funky front suspensions. There's always pulling or squeaking etc etc. I have never driven one where the steering wheel was centered while driving down a straight road. Anyway my question is do you guys know where I can buy a complete kit to do a rebuild ? I found a few but none have control arms included. It's mostly tie rods and ball joints etc etc. any help would be appreciated. Car is a 1997 141k and is in very good shape

It depends on how long you want to keep the car.

I'd HIGHLY recommend using only MOOG or Motorcraft parts. Granted, the Motorcraft units aren't greasable, but they will generally last as long as the originals, and the MOOG's will likely outlast them, since they are greasable, and are improved in design.

Those $100-150 rebuild kits on eBay are JUNK. Cheap stamped low quality metal, low quality fittings, poor build quality, poor tolerances between surfaces.

I'd recommend you just do it right to begin with. Raysbestos, TRW, and Spicer are slightly cheaper, and are of good quality, as are NAPA house brand components. Do not go for the off-brand chinese parts.

Members online

Back