1997 mark viii base rebuild.

chris2523

93 Mark VIII
Reaction score
i am gonna use this thread to ask questions and post pictures as i go on this car.

the car was sideswiped. dented the side and door. :(

the rack broke. bent control arm. bent tie rod. broken headlight. easy stuff there.

IMG_3266_zpse0692e3d.jpg

IMG_3264_zps76aaee22.jpg

IMG_3267_zps9024ef11.jpg

you can see the crack in the rack here.
IMG_3271_zpsfb596096.jpg

bent tie rod
IMG_3272_zpsea80966a.jpg

bent LCA
IMG_3273_zps5c576615.jpg

cracked head light tabs.
IMG_3274_zps95fff776.jpg

IMG_3275_zpsaaec70ad.jpg

heres where all the power steering fluid went!
IMG_3276_zps9666c993.jpg

all the broken stuff removed. some replacements are on order.
IMG_3278_zpsfeb46d7a.jpg

IMG_3277_zps5b3b67e2.jpg

my pile of parts and tools.
IMG_3280_zps933b609b.jpg

Nice to see it coming back to life
If it wasn't for you it would probably be crushed.

nice score

Nice to see it coming back to life
If it wasn't for you it would probably be crushed.

i am rebuilding it for someone. the insurance company ruled it a total loss and is gonna pay out.
so i am going to do all the mechanical work and get it back on its feet, then look into getting the body work done afterwards.

the car is definitely worth saving, and the owner wants to keep it. 50k, with a perfect interior.
so i'm gonna do what i can to save it.

A crusher is not worthy of the presence of that car! Good luck with it Chris. It is a real nice specimen other than the damage. It can be saved. My silver car was totaled and looked MUCH MUCH worse.

View attachment 828458646

now how would u fix this and save the life of this mark any ideas?

I'd replace the door handle, use clear packing tape to hold the rear bumper on and to put the wheels in their correct sides. Better yet, I'd probably start my own thread asking if it's worth fixing or not.

He does that ALOT. His original reply is quoted in post 11.

VERY true. Every time I see that he has posted something, I don't want to read it because it's just gonna annoy the piss out of me, but at the same time, I know it'll be worth a laugh...

wow i askied a mutherfuking question and yet i cant even get a answer so i started my own thread and look where it started okay i get it ill just read and take notes dont ask a muthafuking thing ......

wow i askied a mutherfuking question and yet i cant even get a answer so i started my own thread and look where it started okay i get it ill just read and take notes dont ask a muthafuking thing ......

Well it sounds like you've given yourself a pretty sh*tty reputation here with your false promises and ignoring peoples texts, calls and messages..what do you expect? Why should anyone help you out or answer your questions?

oreillys finally got the new rack and pinion in today. so that along with the new control arm and tie rods i already have, she'll be back on her feet tonight.

IMG_3327_zps23c410b8.jpg

she's back on her feet! gonna get an alignment, and then we find a body shop and start on the bodywork.

yeah, we will be going with WK again. opal opalescent. not sure on price yet. will need to find some quotes.

also, the alignment was today, went fine. my man Alan always does a great job on the Marks.
i hit the front bumper with some compound to clean it up a little. looks better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back