1997 mark Viii amp integration.

Jnot42

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the group, still trying to figure out how everything works. I'm sure this has been asked or posted before, and im sorry, but anyways. I have a 1997 lincoln mark viii with the primium jbl audio system. Has anyone out there used an amp integration kit to install a aftermarket hu, while still utilizing the factory amp? I'm going to be installing a pioneer avh-p3300bt double din. I'm curious as to what the best possible option would be to install an after market hu with the best sound quality possible. What have you guys done? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!,
Joe

Yeah I was looking into the premium harness. Do you have any experience with the harness. I'm curious how the sound quality will be. I herd that it may be a good to get a line level converter so that your not sending to high voltage to the factory amp?

Anybody who answers this should be kicked in the nuts!

This gets covered so many times a month its gotten to be more annoying then "Why is my car slammed?" "why dont I have hot air?" or "what does an exhaust sound like?"

Seriously, even breathing on the search button and entering JBL will bring up countless threads and the proper way to do a new deck.

As I stated I'm new to the forum, and still figuring everything out everything. As I also stated I'm sorry for asking what's probably been asked...

Don't worry about it. And this site isn't known for its search function either so you'll be searching awhile for any usefull info.

Hey thanks alot for the information,......sorry ya had to get kicked in the nuts!

Haha as I've noticed. I'm getting uses to it though haha. I've been a member for maybe 10 mins now.....I'm sure it's gonna take some time!

lol, Also check out the tech articles at the top of the page. Some usefull stuff in there.

Yup, the 3200dvd..From what i can tell its the same as yours pretty much minus bt.

While on the subject, has anyone installed two single-din units in place of the double-din radio? I have a Kenwood KDC994 deck and a Pioneer 15-band EQ that are single dins and want to move them from my TBird to my Mark.

While on the subject, has anyone installed two single-din units in place of the double-din radio? I have a Kenwood KDC994 deck and a Pioneer 15-band EQ that are single dins and want to move them from my TBird to my Mark.
I would imagine you would be able to make it fit with out a problem. As fire as the wireing goes I don't know to much about that. At least as far as the mark is concerned.

Yeah there more or less the same. Hows the sound quality? Did you using this harness http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=808&CategoryID=26

I didn't use a harness to retain the oem stuff. I ended up rewireing and used components. But i dig the h/u. Eq is pretty versitile(8band) so you can fine tune the sound. I was expecting a couple more sq oriented features but its def enough for most. Screens very responsive, interface is good so far, screen looks good..So far no real complaints minus how long it takes to read the sd card. Usually about 15sec..That could be the norm for most dd units for all i know. Mine is a 8gb class 2 with only 200 songs on it. Havn't figured out how to do movies yet.

I didn't use a harness to retain the oem stuff. I ended up rewireing and used components. But i dig the h/u. Eq is pretty versitile(8band) so you can fine tune the sound. I was expecting a couple more sq oriented features but its def enough for most. Screens very responsive, interface is good so far, screen looks good..So far no real complaints minus how long it takes to read the sd card. Usually about 15sec..That could be the norm for most dd units for all i know. Mine is a 8gb class 2 with only 200 songs on it. Havn't figured out how to do movies yet.
yeah ive herd great things about the hu........the sd car shouldnt bee to much of a concern i plan to just run the music off my iphone. Did you wire a relay in, to bypass the ebrake?

I bought the relay bypass kit off ebay for 10 bucks shipped. Coulda made my own for 5 but figured why go through the trouble.

yeah for 10 bucks ya really cant go wrong haha. ill probably just build one it seems simple enough. the head unit should arrive at my door step sometime tomorrow. im hoping the install goes smooth with out any unpleasant surprises. i popped the stock hu out for laughs today. there seems to be ample space behind the unit for wiring and what not.

Wiring isn't an issue for most.

I used a razorblade to trim the opening. If you have a dremel that would prob be better. then slip it in. If you want it to look good get the kit in the first link above. It's around 13 bucks shipped off ebay and all you have to do is chop off the lower tabs, takes 2 min's.

You dont have to take out the lower bracket that it sits on but you will have to unscrew the metal bracket back there and disconnect the blk module and stuff it in the back as far as you can.

yeah ive already relocated that black module that sits back there. ive got a dremel so ill prob use that like you advised. once again i appreceate all your help!

Finished the install last night. Everything went smooth! The unit works great!

Members online

No members online now.
Back