1997 continental rear dampners

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I found them on fordparts network for about $87 though I don't know if its for a pair or for each. But I was wondering what exactly they do and if its very noticable. My dads has both blown and have leaked the fluid out. But I don't know how much of an effect they have on ride/handling. The dealer wanted several hundred for them.

I am not sure if all 1995-1997 Continentals had adjustable shocks, but if they did or if your car has the option, they will be expensive to replace. Dampers effect handling greatly. I would replace them soon. I can also vouch that the adjustable dampers do help body roll a bit when set to Firm. Otherwise, they don't help handing all that much. I only noticed a difference at high speeds on a curvy highway at 70+MPH. Standard shocks will fit, but I'd stay with the OE adjustables if your car came that way.

No I should clarify, I am talking about the 2 short horizontally right by each rear wheel and seem to connect somewhat to the rear sway or control arm. Not the electronically controlled shocks.

purelux said:
No I should clarify, I am talking about the 2 short horizontally right by each rear wheel and seem to connect somewhat to the rear sway or control arm. Not the electronically controlled shocks.

Description Year List Price Core Price Your Price
Damper Back 95-97 $104.18 $78.14
send me a pm if you want the link for that price

lux new ones will smooth out the ride going over the bumps and the annoying noise it makes on bumps will be gone.ltrs
:L

Members online

No members online now.
Back