1996 MK VIII Headlights

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased my 1996 MK VIII a few months ago and I believe that the headlights are stock, my question is with reference to the dim low beam lights, if I purchase a set of Hilite High Xenon Intensity Superwhite Xe Bulbs are they going to help and can they be used in my MK VIII. 582boat:

Nah... All gen 1 halogen housings suffer. I'm not sure who to blame - Sylvania or Ford! Lol.

a little of both.mostly ford for cheap housings. my stang had the same problem.replaced them with glass housing black outs.

i was doing a pair for $80 restored but materials went up and my labor got more involved, i really take my time now cutting them and rechroming them so they dont look like they have been worked on, i'll do a pair for $100, thats still 400 less than a pair of brand new housings!!!!

Catmech, Jamie is a wizard working on Mark VIII's. You will be very happy with his work. He's very respected here.

i probably will get jamie to do mine. itll have to wait until next month though.right now money is tight.

Restoration of headlights

i was doing a pair for $80 restored but materials went up and my labor got more involved, i really take my time now cutting them and rechroming them so they dont look like they have been worked on, i'll do a pair for $100, thats still 400 less than a pair of brand new housings!!!!
Jamie, When you get settled down, I am ready for your restoration of the headlights on my 1996 MK VIII. Give me a call when you have the time. Ken

Members online

Back