1996 Mark viii keys

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i just bought a new key on ebay (blank) so that I could have the fancier key. I come to find out it is the wrong key. I guess they changed keys in the middle of 1996. Does anyone know why they would do such a stupid thing?

Ok, so i just bought a new key on ebay (blank) so that I could have the fancier key. I come to find out it is the wrong key. I guess they changed keys in the middle of 1996. Does anyone know why they would do such a stupid thing?

There are two kinds of keys, one for the trunk and one for the doors, look at the key hole on both and you will see how it differs, they are reversed.

I don't know why or when they did, but I know my key to my 93 (and all of my 93 parts cars) was different than my parents' key to their 96 LSC. I don't know if they function differently or anything like that, but their key has a more rounded top (where the Lincoln emblem is). It looks better than the 93 key, but that's about all I can tell. Granted, I haven't paid alot of attention to it or compared the keys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back