1996 Continental

Lincoln Continental

1. tkd83

tkd83 New LVC Member

Hi i own a 1996 Conti that I picked up at auction,(100k miles, paid $2800.00),. It has 125,000 miles on it now and I can't complain. I changed the plugs and wires and installed new rotors and pads all around but I believe I have air bag / shock issues. The compresser turns on quite often but the shocks rize and lower evenly. The front air bags have some cracks but I am wondering if the solenoids,(worn rubber washers ),may be the real issue at this time. Can anyone explain to me how I can check them? and are they difficult to change? I am mechanically inclined but normally shy away from replacing supension parts myself. Also the car did not have an owners manual with it. Anyone know if there is a PDF file available on line? I know the dealer will sell me one but I believe it's around $50 bucks.

Thanks,

tkd83

2. andyp

andyp New LVC Member

i would spray soapy water on the bags and see if they have a slow leak first thats probably the problem.

3. Sifrino3

Sifrino3 Dedicated LVC Member

:I