1992 town car problems

$woop

LVC Member
Reaction score
when i stop and go my lincoln smokes white smoke incredibly bad, more latley then before, and sometimes after driveing for a while, i shut it off, then when i go to drive again it will jus turn over and over and never start, BUT, say if i give it gas it will start but it will only rev tha engine untill i release tha gas then it will die.i been stranded several tymes ...

i took it to shop and they fixed tha ekg valve or some crayz sounding crap, it worked for a while but its bac to its old ways..

lincol.jpg

Shouldn't the shop guarantee their work for more than a few days?

I've never seen white smoke out of a Lincoln exhaust.

well its been longer than tha 30 day gurantee.... and yes alot of white smoke, especially when im at a stop light, or takeing off

check your coolant level.. you could have blown a head gasket... is it running hot?

could also be your timing.

Nakoa said:
check your coolant level.. you could have blown a head gasket... is it running hot?

could also be your timing.

when i saw a blown head gasket the white smoke came out from under the hood... but i dunno ive only seen one maybe it will come out of exhaust

I usually see blue smoke when valve seals go bad, I have never seen white smoke except when a car is in really bad shape.

tha car runs great, thats the only problem we ever had with it, it could be blue smoke, im always int ha car when its happening.....

i will check tha gaskets

thamarkman said:
I usually see blue smoke when valve seals go bad, I have never seen white smoke except when a car is in really bad shape.

I know its blue, But it can be hard to see and appear white sometimes why I suggested the valve seals

If the consensus is blue smoke then I agree with it being the valve seals. That will be a fun project.

thamarkman said:

Or sometimes refered to rings wear out, that cause blue smoke comes out.

i do about 2 valve stem seal jobs a week for the smoking problem at the lincoln dealership.usually run around 475 to 525 with oil change. book tim is 7.2 hours. the labor rate must be really high there.

on time i took my baby to pep boys for some mantinence and they filled it with oil, and it was alredy filled with oil, so when i got home white smoke came out of the dual exaust so much it looked like a huge fire.So i had to change the oil.

Blue Smoke is Valve Seals gone bad, need to eventaully be replaced... It's been smoking on mine for 2+ years now, but it's not a heavy smoker...

White smoke is coolant mixing in, usually means a blown head gasket...

Black smoke is a rich oxygen/fuel mixture...

Members online

No members online now.
Back