1986 Cadillac Coupe Deville HELP!!!!!!

Bad69Cad

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what performance modifications can be done to a 1986 cadillac coupe deville, dont know to much about these years and was hopin for some help........

Bad69Cad said:
I was wondering what performance modifications can be done to a 1986 cadillac coupe deville, dont know to much about these years and was hopin for some help........

Nuthin huh lol

I got the same car.... what exhaust would you recommend? Would it be a noticeable difference? And how about fuel economy wise? i hear a more open exhaust gives better fuel economy?

Exhaust

the only thing ive seen as far as bolt ons is a catback from bassani.... i have no idea how these sound though... also motors done in the 86 my friend over heated her so now she lays rest in his driveway till another day......

1986 Deville = HT4100 engine and 440-T4 trans. Neither should be considered anywhere near solid enough for doing performance mods to. Hell, you're lucky they're running, don't press your luck!

1986 Sedan Deville Help Me Please 420

Guys I been working on my car on such a binge im not able to sleep, I think I been "naturally" awake for 2 days straight working on the new CAD. I purchased this car I believe a week ago and already is almost a really respectable 1986 caddie, however since my model isn't the touring sedan, I am going to have to find...........

*******Genuine Italian Leather Seats? or just any black leather seats that would look nice in the 1986 'ville

*******New Black Headliner, Black Carpet Black door panels.............
this is just one color scheme Idea.............************

!!!!!!! +++++ DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET LEATHER LIME GREEN AND POSSIBLY SOME SUADE LIME GREEN UPOLSTERY? because lime green is actually my 1st! choice for a paint job, with metallic flake. that would be more user friendly to me because i just would have to shine the chrome and possibly pick up some new chrome/logos at salvage yard I havent had time to get up the the junkyard though. Yeah LIME GREEN IS DEF THE BEST COLOR 4 A DEVILLE.................. Im also looking into getting custom exhaust made custom for the car, and theres evidently a muffler place in town that can build you new breathers and new exhaust for whatever vehichle you might have so will def have to get an estimate on everyone cuz IM PIMPIN an old 86 deville that i bought for 136 bottom line.

*****VERY IMPORTANT--- help with my mechanical thanks guys in advance.... Um, basically I know I need a new map sensor and that I can hook up no problem, im just concerned about my gas gauges as well my "fuel data center is working right know" how can I correct this and fix it cuz i get tired of having to hit reset after i fill up each time.

ALSO need help with electronic climate control and wanting to know if anyone knew a good price on a/c converters to get that running off of R12.

ALSO ANY IDEAS ON RIMS... i think i want to go with the giovanni rims, variant on size I'll have to see but dayton makes nice ones too have to rice and see what it makes the cad look like but peace yall get back to me on my ?'s..... TY

For performance, my first suggestion is going to be this - Swap in a 4.9 and 4T60E from a 91-93 DeVille. You'll need every thinkable wiring harness and connector from the 4.9 donor car. If you can't swap it, my second suggestion will be just buy a car with a 4.9.

The 4.1 is not worth modifying, sorry.

Yeah I think I agree with that statement my 4.1 isnt worth modding, but Yeah ghost was actually going to pick up a 4.9 from a 91-93 car deville and why cant I just order the parts brand new I'm not so sure I need a donor car. yeah going with at least one 18" sub for bass in the trunk, going to line with tweeters, then theres midbass drivers I want called Kodas theres 6.5"

but yeah man been working for a like it seems 2 days str8 on cad bout to go to bed but when I wake up def hooking up my system and on monday will run down 2 salvage yard to just look for anything "dirtcheap" I could actually look for a 91-93 deville at the salvage yard(s) talk to the boss man get that for hopefully 150-200 bucks then rebuild the motor new cams, shafts, headers, pistons, rings and all the good stuff, if I had to but would actually rather buy a virgin motor and fix it up with some good custom exhaust....

GHOST WHATS THE BEST CUSTOM EXHAUST 4 THE 4.9 L Cuz i need to get is much horsepower out of this car as possible , thanks man 420ing helps me get the cadillac quicker pimping you know i have like 2-3 girls that want to see me i need a ride too and getting a good job finally so its time to treat CHRIS nice for a change riding in cadillac style and pride guys! american! GM guys......! fock toyota, honda, and nissan, mazdas are actually really nice sports cars but american cars are always better than the competiors and for 136 for this deville i can redo tihis whole car!

Well, you need a donor car for the transmission and wiring. The 4.9/4T60E are controlled by a single "brain" and the fuel injection system on the 4.9 will not work without the computer "brain" to run it. It is possible to fool the PCM and get the system to work, as Fiero guys with 4.9 swaps have done it, but it's very hard and costly from what I understand.

As for exhaust, anything except Chokemaster will work. I don't know why Cadillac Owners love Flowmaster so much, because they don't sound that great and they're not the best for performance. My personal opinion, if you want performance above all, is to go with an Apex'i N1 muffler. Alot of people think they're ricey or whatever, but they sound good on V8's and offer the greatest amount of performance.

As for the rest of the performance, Delta Cams makes a drop in cam for the car that's supposed to be good for 30hp and 30ft/lbs, Fast Chips makes a chip that will raise shift points, remove the speed limiter (112mph from the factory), bump the timing 4 degrees, and some other stuff. Ford 4.6l V8 orange top fuel injectors will fit, and are a good upgrade over stock (19.4lb/hr instead of stock 18lb/hr), and should you need an intake, Evoluzione Engineering makes them by hand for each order.

Those are all for the 4.9, mind you. All of those modifications in combination with each other are good for at least 275bhp. I would also suggest some type of high performance tire as if you even get half of these modifications on a 4.9, you will have serious problems getting traction.

Google to find custom seats for caddy

Burbons and Lacs said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET LEATHER LIME GREEN AND POSSIBLY SOME SUADE LIME GREEN UPOLSTERY? because lime green is actually my 1st! choice for a paint job, with metallic flake....

Do a Google and Ask engine search. There is a plethora of excellent manufacturers out there that make after market leather seats with matching headliners, carpet, etc.

When I did my old Impala, I found a little factory in Ohio, I think it was. I've been pleased. My goal was to match the original color, which is near impossible when dealing with red. By golly they did a damn good job.

A lot of those places have gotten their hands on the paint codes, so they can dye to match, or custom mix if you got the money to spend.

I found dozens of places and got bids, compared prices and services and then chose. I didn't go with the cheapest, I went with the one that had been around the longest and offered the best guarantee.

Don't know if you've ever done your own upholstery, but its not hard. If want or need more detail on how to do it, let me know. The companies send you the product all sewn together and ready to install.

Bad69Cad said:

Hi Bad69Cad

How about a nice pinstripe, it should add 5 - 7rwhp :D

Regards

Dereck

Members online

No members online now.
Back