19" wheels with stock ride hight?

01LSv6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put some 19 or 20" wheels on my LS after income tax return...anyways, I would like to know what wheel/tire size can I use without any rubbing/ride issues. If theres too many rubbing issues w/ 19"+ then I might go with some 18's. Thank you for any help :L

01LSv6 said:
I'm wanting to put some 19 or 20" wheels on my LS after income tax return...anyways, I would like to know what wheel/tire size can I use without any rubbing/ride issues. If theres too many rubbing issues w/ 19"+ then I might go with some 18's. Thank you for any help :L

18's are your best bet for keeping ride quality, handling etc. 19's shouldn't be too bad, 20's you lose a lot.

I think at stock height you should be able to put up to 20's with no rubbing issue.

I have 19's with a 1 inch drop and have no rubbing issues with two people in the back.

But I have heard 20's with a 1 inch drop and two people in the back seat will rub.

I don't understand..........what is the fascination with putting huge wheels on your car? Someone please explain to me because I am really at a loss on this one. (Keep in mind that I am from Iowa).

Do they serve some kind of advantage in weight? (because i was sure they were heavier).

Do they lower your car? (because I was sure they didn't lower it)

Do they cause rubbing issues when the LS has 3-4 people in it? (because I was sure they do).

If i were you (01lsv6) I would put on some nice 18's.......they won't cost you as much money and you wont be hurting your suspension as much with them as you would with some 20'sc(not to mention ride quality). And anybody who thinks that 20's aren't hurting your car, do some research on the subject........that weight isn't helping anything in regards to your suspension.

DLS8K said:
I don't understand..........what is the fascination with putting huge wheels on your car? Someone please explain to me because I am really at a loss on this one. (Keep in mind that I am from Iowa).

Do they serve some kind of advantage in weight? (because i was sure they were heavier).

Do they lower your car? (because I was sure they didn't lower it)

Do they cause rubbing issues when the LS has 3-4 people in it? (because I was sure they do).

If i were you (01lsv6) I would put on some nice 18's.......they won't cost you as much money and you wont be hurting your suspension as much with them as you would with some 20'sc(not to mention ride quality). And anybody who thinks that 20's aren't hurting your car, do some research on the subject........that weight isn't helping anything in regards to your suspension.
Looks man....its about the look.

That would be me. Me and Ken were at Nopi together last year in those photos. And my signature tells almost all about my car.

Im currently running 235/35/19 because my wheels are 19x7.5.
I buy my tires from tires.com and pay about $700.
Im using Nitto 555's right now.

Thanks guys. I'll go with 19's then; more clearance, but still looks damn good. probably will get 235/35/19 or 235/45/19 size tires. Thanks again.
Also, what offset should I use for wheels?

01LSv6 said:
Thanks guys. I'll go with 19's then; more clearance, but still looks damn good. probably will get 235/35/19 or 235/45/19 size tires. Thanks again.
Also, what offset should I use for wheels?
Tire Rack fitment suggests a +45mm offset for an 8" wheel width and +48 for 7 to 7.5" on the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back