140k mile 96 base

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
came into the shop the other day. nobody wanted to tackle the oil filter adapter gasket so i took it. flat rate 3 hours took about 45 minutes. never done 1 before. learned some tricks. itll be much easier next time. LOL.

car looked decent but was in bad shape. front bags leaking. diff mounts shot. aftermarket wheels out of balance. both headlights looked like a tea candle on the highway (i now know what they mean when they say bad headlights. i couldnt see a damn thing. i feel lucky with mine now) p0340 stored (cam position sensor fault). came in for a power steering leak. one of the pressure lines had literally busted off the rack like something had hit it. the line was perfect. the boss broke out of the rack. another tech changed the rack and pump then found the oil leak.

came into the shop the other day. nobody wanted to tackle the oil filter adapter gasket so i took it. flat rate 3 hours took about 45 minutes. never done 1 before. learned some tricks. itll be much easier next time. LOL.

car looked decent but was in bad shape. front bags leaking. diff mounts shot. aftermarket wheels out of balance. both headlights looked like a tea candle on the highway (i now know what they mean when they say bad headlights. i couldnt see a damn thing. i feel lucky with mine now) p0340 stored (cam position sensor fault). came in for a power steering leak. one of the pressure lines had literally busted off the rack like something had hit it. the line was perfect. the boss broke out of the rack. another tech changed the rack and pump then found the oil leak.

just curious ,of all the probs mentioned ,how much was the customers bill when you were done?

no tricks. just as what was posted when i did a search for it. wobble 3" extension, a 12" extension and a shallow 10mm.

Did the gasket last week also... not that bad just need to find the holes and have some good extentions... The wigglebe is also a nice help.

I kept wanting to use my right hand while looking through the little holes but this damn steel plate kept getting in the way LOL..

I managed to round off the inside of a socket on the filter adapter gasket job. That's one job I sent to the mechanic... I can pull a northstar/4t80e and swap it onto a new subframe, but not a $4 gasket. I tried pretty much every extension combo I could find too.

Members online

Back