13's how do i get there?

1meanmark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
the 4v market is a bit new to me n i cant think of many bolt ons any who my goal for the new mark is 13's low to mid 13's what mods would be needed for such to happen n/a ?keeping in mind id like to drive it daily only city driving tho already have 4:10's jmod'd valve body awaiting an sct tune from boc

Add a good converter to your current mods. That should be good for high to mid 13s. You will also need some good tires depending on the track prep. What your car run now, it should be close to 13s now. Nos will get you 12s tho.

not sure just bought it a month ago mods are left overs from vic project ... thats crazy considering on ive seen vics pull mid to low 13's w/ gears heads cams and exhaust o and stalled i was wondering Ive tried searching cobra headers but has anyone adapted them to our car i am aware of kooks but my search shows they're no longer in production was trying to see if we could get stainless works to have a crack at our cars

anyone in the ohio area who's looking to help us out by getting some headers made

has anyone tried cams? ported heads? other bolt ons ie throttle bodies maf's so on n so forth

Driller has a built motor with ported intake and TB, not sure about the heads. He runs low 13s. Like 13.1. Laser has a KB set-up and ran mid-high 13s. IMO, it takes every bolt-on and stall, gears, tune, exhaust, and a properly running motor to hit low 13s.

Add a good converter to your current mods.

+1 on the converter for your next step.

Never understood number chasing, complete waste of time.

Kooks are kool but add very little to a time slip, unless you have deep pockets to take advantage of them.

cls jus want to be n a general range you know im not asking for 13.2's but id like for it's weight to perform how it looks ....shruggs thats about it really i jus figured it be a bit easier to drag some power out of the thing

N20 and supporting mods will most likely be the most cost effective way to break into the 13's.

Don't forget that the dude that wants to hit 13s, is rocking a gen2 with about 300k on the motor. Its gonna take more than just bolt-ons and a tune.

If that motor and trans is solid with the mods you already listed plus 3000 converter should be high 13s. On a good cool day if she hooks. If you haven't replaced the fuel pump I would due that and the filter.

nah on the silver one 80k.... bought back from my step pops he decided he wanted a vic more...(shruggs) more marks for me .... but the blk one is merely getting painted an rebuilt basically b4 i try anything with her

You can get the Kooks setup from Super Coupes, as he exclusive rights on them.

theyre still making them every search i did showed them not manufacturing them anymore

Mark VIII heeders

I had mine custom built in detroit. Gary Cook has done extensive work on marks as he was in on the marks that ran bonnevile in 1983.his company is P.F.E. Performance Fabricating and Exhaust. Mine sounds awesome and looks factory,no rubs or rattles. he can do it with or with out cats. your choice.he's just n. of detroit at the river rd. exit[mount clemens]Phone 586 465 2120. use my name for a reference,he's fair honest and fast. George Eisenhart

It only took me over 2 years to get in the 13s and BTW the 13.1 was with the stock motor before I decided to upset the table and do the heads/cams.

Now it does mid-13s plus/minus consistently with ported heads and custom cams and about every bolt-on you can imagine - but it is still full weight (actually heavier), full interior and street duty. The motor's bottom end is still stock (and tired). I don't think it has reached its full potential just yet and won't be satisfied until it runs 12s N/A. But it still has a ways to go.

I don't care what they say, a consistent 13 second N/A Mark VIII is a lot harder to achieve than most people think.

4200 stall tune and 4.56s u be straight mid to high 13s with a sticky tire

13's are not that easy, if they were everyone would be putting down those times. If traction and all conditions are perfect it will take 355 rear wheel horsepower to move 4000lbs down the track with an ET of 13.0588, 335 RWHP to move 3800lbs at 13.088, and thats given perfect power transfer. So do you think a set of 4:10's and a 4K stall are going to do it on a stock motor with 232 RWHP?? If you do not want to spend major money NOS is your ticket, but its a crap shoot, a stock bottom end is stable to about 440HP, flogging it with enough laughing gas is a real gamble.
My wife's car latest dyno run was 372RWHP and she runs 13.5 to 13's with poor traction 3.5K stall 3:73 gears and a built motor.

im not afraid to spend real money just was just asking for advice for parts like w/ my vic it has been shown a set of stage 2 heads and cams some sort of xhaust and 3:73's will get you in the 13's with a good tune people are shooting for 12's w/ built motors and the new trickflow 2v heads i assumed it being more powerful to begin with and lighter it would be easier no im not expecting 2 bolt on pieces but i would thing some head work cams stall and gears should get me somewhere in that are correct? why is everyone bashing me i asked an open ended question i didnt make assumptions other than it was possible i didnt say it was easy for that matter but at the same time im not interested in blowing 35k into a 13 year old car to get 2-3 secs

Members online

No members online now.
Back