12 Speakers...where?

JeffGrimes

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Wife and I just took delivery of an '04 LS V8 Ultimate Edition...and we couldn't be happier so far!! :L

The 6-Disc sound system comes with 12 speakers. I see grills on each of the 4 dours (thats 4 speakers)...two more on the console...but thats it.

Does this non THX audio system have seperates...where each of the speakers is actually 2 speakers...thus the 4 door enclosures have 8 speakers...the two in the console...and 2 subs hidden away somewhere?

Anybody know. I'll probably take closer look over the weekend...

:steering

Thanks!

JeffGrimes said:
Wife and I just took delivery of an '04 LS V8 Ultimate Edition...and we couldn't be happier so far!! :L

The 6-Disc sound system comes with 12 speakers. I see grills on each of the 4 dours (thats 4 speakers)...two more on the console...but thats it.

Does this non THX audio system have seperates...where each of the speakers is actually 2 speakers...thus the 4 door enclosures have 8 speakers...the two in the console...and 2 subs hidden away somewhere?

Anybody know. I'll probably take closer look over the weekend...

:steering

Thanks!

The subs are mounted on the upper part of the trunk in a plastic looking thing. If you peek at the bottom side you can see the amp. I don't know where the other speakers are.

You're correct... each speaker in the door counts as 2... kinda cheesey, but it sounds okay for stock.

kleetus said:
You're correct... each speaker in the door counts as 2... kinda cheesey, but it sounds okay for stock.

heh then i had the 12 speaker sound system and didn't know it lol

Thats ok i UPgraded to a 9 speaker system :)

Marketing Hype

While I was sort of thinking the same thing....its good to know upgrading will be a little cheaper...its really only 6 speakers...
4 6"x8" in the doors
2 5 1/4" in the console????

How about the subs...I assume they are in the deck lid over the trunk. Anyone know what siize the are??? I'm assuming 6"

JeffGrimes said:
While I was sort of thinking the same thing....its good to know upgrading will be a little cheaper...its really only 6 speakers...
4 6"x8" in the doors
2 5 1/4" in the console????

How about the subs...I assume they are in the deck lid over the trunk. Anyone know what siize the are??? I'm assuming 6"

The subs are 6"x8". You would remove them from the trunk and this is what it looks like after removing thir enclosure.

100_1418.jpg

I may be wrong, but I thought the subs were 6x9 and the console speakers were 3.5"

I read that somewhere, didn't go back to confirm though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back