10 yrs and she gone. Parts car interest?

tacklebox

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any interest out there for buying Mark VIIIs as a parts car? Mine finally died and it was time to move on. Not sure what's wrong but I didn't want to brave another WI winter in it anyway. I hate to see it junked, seems like there was a lot more life left in the engine and I recentlyish had the suspension redone and converted to springs. Never missed an oil change. I'm betting its the transmission. That's the piece that's felt like it was off for a while now. Last week the engine was turning over on start really laboring for a few days, my initial feeling was it was trying to turn part of the tranny with it still engaged because once it started it ran and drove strong. It started its last time, ran for 10 sec and conked slightly suddenly out, doing nothing with the key now. Full on oil, full on tranny fluid, brake fluid, cd changer fluid, etc. (low on washer, think it froze and cracked). Best junk yard price I was offered was $150. Interior is still in excellent shape, lower body has a good amount of rust.

Moral of the story, I'd like to know if I should bother throwing it on craigslist. What might I expect for a fair price? Know of a junkyard around green bay/appleton WI that pays better? Or if anything, thank you for your time, it might have been fun to read about how these cars die. Maybe motivate you to treasure her this weekend. 147k miles. Great, great car.

Added Photos

What color and year? I am by Kenosha.

Du

Photos. My dad looked at it today and said throw it on craigslist, someone will give you more than scrap. He thought maybe the starter motor stuck and wanted to dig into it. Like I said, she wasn't going to make another winter, I need to just move on so we didn't.

Because it is a 96 it has added value as a parts car since the IMRC solenoids, the VCRM (VLCM) and the PCM are unique to the 96-hard to find and necessary if you have a 96 and need one to keep it running. Ive had my 96 for almost 10 years and have spares of all those, and anyone who has a 96 and wants to keep it would be wise to find spares of these items if they intend to hang on to it.

I just found out I need AC lines if you are inclined to remove them, and might talk to you about the IMRC solenoids and the VCRM if you want to part it out too. That looks pretty clean in spite of the hole in the lower front fender,even the chrome above the hood looks nice, the headlights, the grille, the tail light, the front parking lights, cornering lights, the trunk lock cover and the wheels would even get a decent amount locally if you sold them on craigslist, Your interior also looks pretty nice for the age, the climate controller and even the stock radio might get a few bucks on ebay.

The starter is not especially difficult to remove if that is all it is, might be worth getting another opinion before you give up on it.

Looking your mark over, I too would not sell for 150 because Pull a part and scrap yards are buying at higher prices . The runner controls are worth 50 each . Let me know

Because it is a 96 it has added value as a parts car since the IMRC solenoids, the VCRM (VLCM) and the PCM are unique to the 96-hard to find and necessary if you have a 96 and need one to keep it running. Ive had my 96 for almost 10 years and have spares of all those, and anyone who has a 96 and wants to keep it would be wise to find spares of these items if they intend to hang on to it.
I have all those parts sitting in a box in a closet and can't get any sort of decent price for them, almost to the point of giving them away for the cost of shipping...

I made you an offer on the imrc and i need some body parts. Will you call me at 330 724 2699

Members online

No members online now.
Back