Any ideas or helpful comments on this would be appreciated. I drove home from work yesterday an my car sat for about 30 mins then i cranked it an drove 100 feet to my neighbors to pay him some money for a 06 Charger he sold me and noticed my fan was running when i shut the car off at his house which is weird cause it doesnt ever come on and my gauge was still reading normal at that point. Then when I left there and was going to town i noticed that my car was running different it seemed kinda off, almost like power had decreased a little bit if that makes sense. I went probably 10 or 12 miles and looked down and the needle on my heat gauge was right below Hot , so i pulled over shut it off and it was starting to kinda bubble. I very carefully opened the cap just enough to slowly let pressure off the system( I used a old shirt and was very careful opening it because ive dealt with cars overheating before and i know how dangerous it can be). When i released the pressure it stopped bubbling like in 2 minutes and the coolant level in the resivoir was right on the mark. I tightened the cap back up cranked the car and the gauge was back at normal. So i drove back home and it ran fine no overheating no hot reading on the guage, nothing. Now when i got home I very carefully opened the cap just a little to see if anything was still going on and when i did it pushed antifreeze almost to the top of the degas bottle. Im not sure if that much back pressure is normal. Ive read other threads about overheating and I understand that changing all the coolant parts is the best thing to do, but does this sound like a sticking thermostat? Or maybe one that is sticking open? A cracked degas bottle? A bad DCCV? Head gasket? Theres no coolant loss because i regularly keep a check on all my fluids an im always looking for leaks or listening for diff sounds coming from the car. Id like to think thats its something stopping the flow of antifreeze. But i could be completely wrong and the thermostat could be stuck wide open and it didnt have time to cool the antifreeze down. I replaced the water pump less than a year ago but that doesnt rule out it going bad. Have any of you guys experienced this exact same thing? Im just trying to understand why its overheating one minute and I release the pressure and its stops right away, an the guage then reads normal. That makes absolutely no sense. If anyone has any idea exactly whats causing this Id like to know. If what I experienced is nothing specific other than change all the coolant parts then I apologize for repeating a thread thats similar to others. Thanks for any input you guys might have.