06 Bumper Conversion Wiring Question

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
About to change bumper covers tomorrow.....gen 1 halogen to gen 2 halogen. Does anyone readily know of a thread which shows in good detail what wiring changes need tobe made? I keep seeing references of such needed changes in threads but not a write up on exactly what needs to be done. I was hoping it was a simple case of no changes. Is that the case(hopefully)?

Thanks in advance....

Pics are a start. Thanks for that much Rod ...every bit helps. Still trying to get a bit more detailed outline. No angel eyes on my install. Forgot to mention that earlier. I do not have the gen 2 harnesses. Just the lights. Guess I am going to be headed to the dealer since there are no gen 2's in the local salvage yards.

Thanks to Soop, I just got in touch with Jolinc. There is a harness connector that will help make the transition easy. He said he got his at Oreily's. I will update with pics once I get the parts in hand.

The Motorcraft connector part number is WPT-758. Thanks to Jolinc for the info. Dealer price was $39.99 but he cut me a bit of slack and let me have them for $35 each. Actually, the beginning dealer price was $6.00 less than the price at Oreilly's.

Bumper is off. Should be wrapped up in about an hour or so.

Your last post shows 12:19pm, it is now 2:44pm in MD.....where's the pics bro? :)

EDIT: nevermind, after i hit post it shows 12:45pm....my bad :|

Unfortunately, my phone was next to dead when the install(so no pic by pic writeup....sorry fellas) was going on but regardless, here are some pics. There were no issues regarding the install at all. I did get 2 H11 universal electrical connectors from O'reilly's in order to use on the fog lights. The connectors(WPT 758) from the dealer will be in tomorrow so we will finish then. In case anyone wonders, the reason it is not painted is because I have 02 LSE side skirts to put on as well as an Invader Jag S Type Rear Lower Valance before putting it in the shop for paint. As much as I love the LSE grille, I am painting the center section black as well as leaving the lower center section of the bumper cover black. Thanks to T Money for the fog lights and Manoli for the Headlights!!! Always nice to be able to do business with LVC members.

LSE Bumper2.jpg

LSE Bumper1.jpg

LSE Bumper3.jpg

LSE Bumper4.jpg

LSE Bumper5.jpg

Thanks Rod. I know your feelings on Gen 1's so I am smiling that I made the cut. :D

Nice! LSE bumper so hott..

One thing, you said "leave" the lower grill opening black... I suggest painting it black.

Good catch Drizzle...I should have said paint as it was what I meant.

Bad thing is I bought the trim piece for the lower bumper and looks as if it is not going to be used. Probably going to sell it.

LOL. You are right. What was I thinking? Putting the gen 1 back on tomorrow morning. Sike. :)

Anytime I can help a fellow LvC member I will. There have been so many people help me here, it's the least I can do. If you were closer I'd help you wire them up too!

I'm interested to see how that rear lower valence turns out. Great stuff man.

Thanks Ben. There is only so much most of us can/will do to their LS. Just trying to do something that is a bit out of the norm. One good thing is the Invader Rear has round exhaust cutouts. Should make a set of 4 inch tips look very flush and symmetrical with the lines of the car.

Almost forgot....I now have a set of highly used(no longer needed) gen 1 headlights for any fellow gen 1 owners would like a set to practice their angel eyes skills before doing the real thing. I do not want anything for them. Person would only need to pay the shipping via Paypal. Pm me if interested.

Rell, you ask me for pics only to tell me you hate me. LOL.

YES... i knew i'd hate you, just wasn't sure how much :p OHHH, and I REALLY hate you after seeing it... I cant even imagine the hatred after its painted !!!!

Almost forgot....anyone need some gen 1 fog lights? They are in very good condition to be used. I bought them used back in Feb of last year and since my car was only driven for about 5 months last year and it was garaged til April of this year. In other words, they have not seen many miles and have been well cared for. I will post pics later this evening. Pm me if interested. Will respond in order of any messages received and give the potential buyer 72 hours to secure the funds(I understand we are not all adults here with good paying jobs......so I will give hard working, LS owning kids a chance).

Members online

No members online now.
Back