03+ LS in Tampa? Don't race a Stang again

FastNsmoothLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This morning on my way to work, some 03+ LS came awfully close to my rear bumper at 75-80 MPH only to get his ass waxed by my Stang. Not only was that stupid, but he actually went all the way to top speed at over 130+ at
6 AM. Please, you don't drive a race car, so stop it!
Eventually, I couldn't resist and had to beat him at over 160, so I guess I'm an idiot for that. Anyway, stay in your class with Impalas and Camry's...

If your stang beat it - must have been an old lady on her way to her lawn bolwing - wasn't aware you were 'racing' her.

This morning on my way to work, some 03+ LS came awfully close to my rear bumper at 75-80 MPH only to get his ass waxed by my Stang. Not only was that stupid, but he actually went all the way to top speed at over 130+ at
6 AM. Please, you don't drive a race car, so stop it!
Eventually, I couldn't resist and had to beat him at over 160, so I guess I'm an idiot for that. Anyway, stay in your class with Impalas and Camry's...

Wow. Go you!

OMG!!! you beat a LS?!?!? I didnt think that was possible with any car :eek:

You must have at least 1200HP in that Mutang.

So what, he beat an LS...but does he have air conditioned seats?????

So what, he beat an LS...but does he have air conditioned seats?????

Zing!!

160 on public roads? You should both be locked up. If I'd do that on my motorcycle I'd never hear the end of it and here you are bragging about it?

If your stang beat it - must have been an old lady on her way to her lawn bolwing - wasn't aware you were 'racing' her.

I'm waiting for you....

It was actually a typical LS young driver thinking that he owned the highway, I used to feel that way. I got my car into the mid 11's now, and next weekend I'll be forging the bottom end (Manley rods and Diamond pistons with an 8 bolt Cobra crank) and will push the 650 RWHP. Will keep the compression in the 9.5.1 - 10.1 range until I decided if I'm boosting or spraying. That will get me to the 10's easy, got brand new BMR suspension on the way and sub-frames welded by tomorrow. Not picking a fight, just fun, stuff I couldn't do before with the LS. And trust me, if you think I blow here, you should see the stuff we get over at stang forum, all kinds of LS stories beating on GT's, and the best one, an 02 LS V8 that beat a Terminator, right...
I'm sorry for coming here and posting this, I'm just happy, that's it. I wanted to have a fast car, and I went the wrong direction with the LS, it's my fault, but now I've corrected my ways and I can hang with the big boys I've always wanted to hang with... Z06, TA, and the fastest imports that used to beat me on the LS. Again, sorry.

How old are you? seriously.

in your own sig "Respect others and they'll respect you."

OMG!!! you beat a LS?!?!? I didnt think that was possible with any car :eek:

You must have at least 1200HP in that Mutang.

Not 1200, just pushing 459 at the wheels, don't want to risk the internals. I wonder, if the 2V 4.6 internals are rated at 450 HP, except the crank, what is the LS rated at? Anyone know? Quik?

How old are you? seriously.

Is there an age limit on having fun on the road? You're spending money out the a$$ on your project and time that's not even track-able, can I ask you the same question then? Or are you the holy driver that don't race or compete against others?

It's your approach - childlike.

If you came on and gave an update on your project Mustang - you would find many car guys appreiating your efforts.

Instead you post like a kid, then get defensive when people tell you to get lost.

Telling us your Mustang is faster than an LS - is what - news? a surprise?

If people wanted a mustang, they would buy one - and likely spend less money than they did on their LS.

I get your point. I was upset because this kid is putting the LS to a stress that he shouldn't by racing a Mustang, or any other car for that matter, You are right and this is the second time that I come across the wrong way. No offense to you in your project, I respect you for what you're doing. I'm backing off now, I can really use your help and knowledge with my project and I just realized that I blew it off. You're right, accept my apologies.

I'm still curious as to what you wanted to accomplish with this post...
Obviously this kid in the LS isn't going to read your post, so that's out the window.

So past that, brag that you beat an LS with your mustang?
Is there a subtopic on this forum for off-topic or kill stories or something?

Congrats, you have a mustang, and you beat an LS.
I'm sorry you made a dumb decision to mod your LS for power and speed, anyone with half a brain would have seen how difficult and expensive that is.

You beat an LS with your mustang.
Talk about playing down a few levels- and in opposite classes
If you have all the power that you claim in this car, then it's even more ridiculous...
It's like bragging that you beat on a metro in a ferrari.

By the way, I have an 87 fox, so you'll see no bias from me.

wow, why don't you kiss his ass a little more. you came in here talking trash thinking you were king sh*t b/c you beat an LS. don't be such a zero...get a life kid.

Start a new thread on your project - specs, times, ...etc

I have several cars - N2O and turbos - the LS is my first Roots supercharger - I have installed a few vortex (and one paxton) for friends but never on my cars - so I would be interested on how the tip-in/tip-out tuning is, valve cover pressure, oil blow-by, ...etc

I'm still curious as to what you wanted to accomplish with this post...
Obviously this kid in the LS isn't going to read your post, so that's out the window.

So past that, brag that you beat an LS with your mustang?
Is there a subtopic on this forum for off-topic or kill stories or something?

Congrats, you have a mustang, and you beat an LS.
I'm sorry you made a dumb decision to mod your LS for power and speed, anyone with half a brain would have seen how difficult and expensive that is.

You beat an LS with your mustang.
Talk about playing down a few levels- and in opposite classes
If you have all the power that you claim in this car, then it's even more ridiculous...
It's like bragging that you beat on a metro in a ferrari.

By the way, I have an 87 fox, so you'll see no bias from me.

The kid had an LVC decal on his quarter window, he will read this. That's the only reason I posted it here. And yes, if there's sub-forum for street, drag or track, that would be much more fun. My brother still owns an LS, so I'm still in the family!

Haha... Sorry
I was merely pointing out the differences... 500+ Hp sports car (weight, gearing) vs. a 260ish Hp luxury sedan...

PS: I just noticed that FastNsmooth pulled a post just like this a month ago... Talked about beating on a LS...and then showed remorse for his post in the first place... deja vu?

Start a new thread on your project - specs, times, ...etc

I have several cars - N2O and turbos - the LS is my first Roots supercharger - I have installed a few vortex (and one paxton) for friends but never on my cars - so I would be interested on how the tip-in/tip-out tuning is, valve cover pressure, oil blow-by, ...etc

The shop I went to originally for my gears, built an 01 LS with a 61mm single turbo setup and at 13 psi the bottom gave up. I was there when it was on the dyno and just before the carnage, it was sending 408HP to the tires and maxed out at 389 TQ, then it blew it's guts to the floor. I will find out more on it as they re-did the setup and were fabricating some internals. They already had 42lbs injectors on it and an aviator pump. The biggest bugs were on the a/f ratio as they had done some head work on the intake side and neglected the exhaust side so the back-pressure was holding some compression back. I can tell you that it was pretty impressive to hear that LS revving through the rpms out the sound of Bassani catback. Oddly enough, they had never heard of LVC until I walked in there that day.

The kid had an LVC decal on his quarter window

I doubt it. Besides, your sh*t is so much faster than his the quarter window should have never even been visible to you since you were always out in front. It just makes your story sound better to say he had a sticker right??

Haha... Sorry
I was merely pointing out the differences... 500+ Hp sports car (weight, gearing) vs. a 260ish Hp luxury sedan...

PS: I just noticed that FastNsmooth pulled a post just like this a month ago... Talked about beating on a LS...and then showed remorse for his post in the first place... deja vu?

I said it up there, this is the second time it happens. BTW, the first time it was my Own EX-LS that I encountered on the road...

No more fighting.... I know of some guys working on LS right now and they haven't heard of LVC or quik's project. I will do my best to help instead of bash.

I doubt it. Besides, your sh*t is so much faster than his the quarter window should have never even been visible to you since you were always out in front. It just makes your story sound better to say he had a sticker right??

wanna meet sometime?:D
I already said, no fighting. Ok? I'm sorry about the way I came across.

:confused:

Members online

Back