03' Lincoln LS V6 ! Trans

shanamwhite

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi ! I have a 2003 Lincoln LS V6 , 119k Mi. 3 days ago my baby bella started hard shifting in 2nd gear ... i can go 10 mph and it hard shifts . at a stop light when it's time to go she hard shifts . if i get her up there in speed, atleast over 40mph she rides smooth from there on out. no hard shifting, no gear lagging. I've been to 3 different transmission places and they are all telling me different things. first one said torque converter . another one said it's not the torque converter. another one said it's not the torque converter, maybe the computer systems and to unhook the battery and touch the cords together to cut off all running computer systems in the vehicle. then hook it back up after 10 minutes and if it still hard shifts theres something wrong with the tranny (DUH) . He ran tests, but couldn't tell me whats wrong. they quoted me at $95 per hour for diagnostic . NEGATIVE. i'd rather pay by job than by hour because they will take their sweet time for all the bucks they can get. and i got a $2,350 quote to rebuild the transmission. I personally dont think it needs rebuilding . ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE TO WHAT IS GOING ON SO I CAN FIX THAT ONE ISSUE? and not pay for what someone says then ends up being something totally different? HELP !

I'm new to these cars also. I have a 2004 ls v6. From what i have researched so far 90% of the hard shifting problems are from the trans solenoid going bad. They cost about 375 bucks and look like you can install yourself. Do a search on LS hard shifting, tons of threads on it.

Members online

Back