'02 Lincoln LS factory phone system

Joey Needles

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with my '02 Lincoln LS Factory Phone System? I would like to know how to get it working. Can I use it with a Nextel Bluetooth Phone?

I'm also confused(par for the course) I have an '02 LSE it came w/ a factory phone (motorola timeport from 1986 lol) and used a sprint service. I just want to know if you can get a diferent cable to change out within the center console and use a different phone w/ another service i.e. verizon???:confused:

Joey Needles said:
Can anyone help me with my '02 Lincoln LS Factory Phone System? I would like to know how to get it working. Can I use it with a Nextel Bluetooth Phone?

WTF.... I didn't know the 02 has a phone system in it... I have mine for a little over a month now and I haven't seen anything.... did this come standard or did you have to upgrade?

it was optional. does anyone else get annoyed that the radio mutes for about 20 seconds every time you start the car to alert you that you dont have the original phone?? how do you stop this????????

shokher said:
it was optional. does anyone else get annoyed that the radio mutes for about 20 seconds every time you start the car to alert you that you dont have the original phone?? how do you stop this????????

You'll have to get an original phone (analog gizmo I think). I've seen them for sale on eBay. But, its a big step down from today's high-tech cell phones.

To stop the annoying mute, perhaps you can remove a fuse? Not too many people got the phone/RESCU system in the 00-02, so its hard to find information about it.

i found one fuse but it turned off the radio also so that didnt work. the dealer said it was a box somewhere in the car but they didnt know exactly where; and i would be paying the hourly labor for them to find it. i didnt like that idea.

dsoul27 said:
WTF.... I didn't know the 02 has a phone system in it... I have mine for a little over a month now and I haven't seen anything.... did this come standard or did you have to upgrade?

Wow me neither. Where in the hell did they put it? There in no room in that car.

J3FF said:
Wow me neither. Where in the hell did they put it? There in no room in that car.

The phone itself was a Motorola Timeport. It was held in a swing-out frame that was concealed in the center console armrest. The microphone was a small black mesh gizmo mounted on the steering column.

IIRC, there were also two buttons on the overhead console to activate the RESCU system.

shokher said:
i found one fuse but it turned off the radio also so that didnt work. the dealer said it was a box somewhere in the car but they didnt know exactly where; and i would be paying the hourly labor for them to find it. i didnt like that idea.

Are you kidding me?? They have manuals showing EXACTLY where it's located and a warranty manual that tells them exactly how long they are paid to R & R the thing! That is one lousy dealership.....

its the same dealership that couldnt diagnos the hvac temperature difference between the driver and the passenger sides.

Members online

No members online now.
Back