photo-2.JPG

2003 LS V8 charcoal grey and 2006 LS V8 black

2003 LS V8 charcoal grey 210 K km and 2006 LS V8 black 89 K km 03 owned since 2012 @ 148 K and 06 acquired in mid 2017 @ 85 K KM.

General Description

having difficulty uploading pics .. file size..
photo-2.JPG
IMG_20170725_184637_hdr_edit1_edit-EFFECTS.jpg
.anyway member since late 2012 ..Managed to finally upload pictures ....the black LS is a recent acquisition very well kept by previous owner , was in immaculate condition, had work done, new radiator, rear brake discs, fully loaded american version LS and however did have a mysterious coolant leak but never would overheat. 03 charcoal grey LS Ive owned from 2012 at 146 KM and have had all work done at the local ford dealership until late last year when I had to deal with a degas bottle leak( I have had all oil changes and coolant flush including transmission flush at said dealership and had to contend with 3 oil leaks after an oil change and a coolant leak after a thermostat and housing replacement).I did not do a complete cooling system overhaul and chose instead to replace the 3 piece plastic thermostat housing /coolant outlet pipe and the most challenging 9N499 coolant outlet on both.No issues 2 months in ,all bolts and seals were obviously new , I did however break a bolt for the 9N499 coolant outlet at rear right side for the charcoal grey LS( I do have the shop manuals and a torque wrench purchase is in my amazon wish list..lol;-).) but as expected the 8A504 coolant outlet has enough bolt back pressure to keep the 9N499 seated and leak proof(maybe).... (at +200KM I did the charcoal grey LS first as I had no faith in my work) and should a coolant leak spring up from the missing bolt location I am resigned to a parting out and maybe I can get a set of angel eye project headlights ....I find that the one hose at the back of the fire wall for the degas was more challenging than the 3 piece coolant plastic replacement, refilling and bleeding the system went as planned for both, no coolant leaks on my driveway and having to carry coolant to refill the degas for both periodically, no radiator fan going crazy, in short emboldened to see what these cars throw at me next. I did break a fuel pressure sensor on the black LS while removing the EGR but all in was happy with my first attempt at taking care of service. Did a headlight restore on the 03 and did a key fob shell refresh too for both. I had to pull the 06 off the battery tender when the 03 with my winter set up 16 inch winter tires experienced a massive leak and the obligatory overheat.....
IMG_20180322_184006.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
274.jpg
32.jpg
photo-2.JPG
IMG_20170725_184637_hdr_edit1_edit-EFFECTS.jpg
am fully resigned to a parting out situation)

Comments

I have the same LS V8 in black on black driving daily on the German Autobahns. I really enjoy the looks I get when passing Mercs and Beamers as they're trying to figure what European make I'm driving. By the way, in case you're wondering, she governs out at 133mph. But, if your suspension is tight (upgraded mine to Moog), aligned and balanced, and the tires are fresh, she glides along the highway like on ice skates. Take care of it well. Nice photos.

I have the same LS V8 in black on black driving daily on the German Autobahns. I really enjoy the looks I get when passing Mercs and Beamers as they're trying to figure what European make I'm driving. By the way, in case you're wondering, she governs out at 133mph. But, if your suspension is tight (upgraded mine to Moog), aligned and balanced, and the tires are fresh, she glides along the highway like on ice skates. Take care of it well. Nice photos.
uploaded a few pictures of recent work thanks for the comment, keep the faith these are beautiful cars sad there arent enough in europe ....or canada i go months sometimes with no sightings..

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
Nemesis Prime
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

Share this item

Back